My Experience with Forex Broker FP Trading – Looking for Professional Opinions

  • Thread starter Thread starter Denyg
  • Start date Start date
  • Watchers Watchers 2

Denyg

Master Trader
Dec 14, 2018
577
14
79
43

I would like to share my experience with FP Trading and ask the EarnForex community for their views.​


This is not a complaint that FP Trading declined to purchase my domain names. Every company has the right to accept or reject a commercial proposal.

My concern is how the proposal was handled.

In June 2026, I submitted a portfolio of premium forex-related domain names to FP Trading. For almost two months, I received repeated replies stating that my proposal was under review or being checked. Because of those updates, I believed my proposal was progressing through the appropriate internal process and delayed approaching other potential buyers.

After nearly two months, FP Trading informed me they were not interested in purchasing the domains. I accepted that commercial decision.

However, FP Trading later acknowledged that I should have received a clear decision much sooner and apologised for the delay.

I then submitted a formal complaint. The Customer Support Team Leader replied that my complaint would be handled under their Complaints Handling Procedure by the appropriate team for an independent review.

Later, FP Trading informed me that the Complaints Handling Procedure did not apply because I was not a client, that there would be no compensation, no further review, and that the matter was considered closed.

One point still leaves me with questions. During the complaint process, I also received correspondence indicating that the Back Office was following up with the Marketing Team regarding my proposal. This made me wonder why my proposal appeared to reach that stage only after almost two months of repeated "under review" updates.

I have retained the complete email correspondence and have also published a LinkedIn article with supporting screenshots documenting the timeline.

I'm interested in hearing the community's views:

  • Was it reasonable to rely on repeated "under review" updates for nearly two months?
  • Should companies provide clearer communication when handling unsolicited commercial proposals?
  • Have you experienced a similar situation where a proposal remained in limbo for an extended period?
I am sharing this to encourage discussion about professional communication and business practices, not to dispute FP Trading's commercial decision.

I welcome respectful opinions from the EarnForex community.

1.png

2.png3.png

4.png
 

Attached File(s)

Was it reasonable to rely on repeated "under review" updates for nearly two months?
For you? No, you should never rely on promises and such until there is a signed contract. For them? Why not, that's their process.
Should companies provide clearer communication when handling unsolicited commercial proposals?
They can, but there is no shoulds and no shouldn'ts.
Have you experienced a similar situation where a proposal remained in limbo for an extended period?
Yes, and even worse. That's a normal part of the business.
 
For you? No, you should never rely on promises and such until there is a signed contract. For them? Why not, that's their process.

They can, but there is no shoulds and no shouldn'ts.

Yes, and even worse. That's a normal part of the business.
Thank you for your perspective.


I agree that no one should assume a commercial proposal will be accepted until there is a signed agreement. My expectation was never that FP Trading had to buy the domains.


My concern is different. For almost two months, I received repeated updates that my proposal was still "under review." Based on those communications, I believed a genuine evaluation was taking place and delayed approaching other potential buyers.


Had I received a clear "no" much earlier, I would simply have moved on. In fact, FP Trading later acknowledged that I should have received a clear decision much sooner and apologised for the delay.


So, for me, the issue isn't the commercial outcome—it's whether repeated "under review" updates should reasonably reflect an active review process and timely communication.


I appreciate your feedback and am interested to hear how others in the industry view that distinction.