TD Sequential Ultimate

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hello! I like the indicator very much. There is only one issue: It runs so slow in my mt5 terminal. It needs almost 10 minutes till the numbers are shown on the chart. Is there any way to make it faster?
It is slower than in MT4, but it shouldn't take 10 minutes to calculate the values for one chart. Unless that's M1 chart with several years worth of bars...
You could try limiting its total range by adding a line like this just above the line #169:
MQL5:
limit = MathMin(limit, 1000); // Change 1000 to any number of bars you believe is enough for you.
BTW, the numbers always disappear as soon as the session begins. So I cannot use it to follow a live session ...
Are there any errors in the Experts tab of the Terminal panel when this happens?

• 👍
Reactions: Ichimoku

Ichimoku

Trader
Jan 31, 2021
It is slower than in MT4, but it shouldn't take 10 minutes to calculate the values for one chart. Unless that's M1 chart with several years worth of bars...
You could try limiting its total range by adding a line like this just above the line #169:
MQL5:
limit = MathMin(limit, 1000); // Change 1000 to any number of bars you believe is enough for you.
This has solved my problem practically. Now it's much faster. Thank you! Maybe this should be included in the inputs in the future version, just my thought.
I have been using M15 chart actually. But maybe my computer is too old.
Are there any errors in the Experts tab of the Terminal panel when this happens?
No error output. It seems to be caused by the limitation of my pc memory space. If I use fewer indicators or reopen the chart, it works again sometimes.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
This has solved my problem practically. Now it's much faster. Thank you! Maybe this should be included in the inputs in the future version, just my thought.
I have been using M15 chart actually. But maybe my computer is too old.

No error output. It seems to be caused by the limitation of my pc memory space. If I use fewer indicators or reopen the chart, it works again sometimes.
OK. I will probably add this as an input parameter in the next version of the indicator.

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
No, it doesn't add any new features. It just fixes the bugs that prevented it from working as described.
@Enivid generally script works great, but there is still room to improve. Since I don't know mql language would you be so kind and willing to make some changes? I have lately read few books of Demark, so I can attach examples and books extracts to explain/confirm DeMark methodologies...

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
@Enivid, ok let's start from most important stuff imho:
1) TDST support/resistance should be considered as Average True Range for Setup. What currently is in the script is as below2021-03-16 23_17_17-td-sequential-best.jpg
Which is correct, until bar before "1" didn't close higher than highest bar from Setup. So, TDST should be max/min value from Setup or close of previous bar prior "1" if is higher/lower
2021-03-16 23_20_07-td-sequential-best2.jpg
Basically difference seems to be minor unless we have gap. Also in "The new science of technical analysis" DeMark suggesting that TDST is holded until price bar didn't close above/below TDST and next bar wasn't trading 1 tick above/below. This can make difference. Other examples from his books:
2021_03_16_23_26_33_demark_tom_demark_on_day_trading_options_1_.jpg
2021_03_16_23_34_05_demark_tom_demark_on_day_trading_options_2.jpg
2021_03_16_23_37_43_demark_tom_demark_on_day_trading_options_3_.jpg

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
Next point I mentioned in posts before. Buy/Sell Setup does not end with "9". For sake of clarity in charts - yes, but if your trading plan is to playing Setups (DeMark suggests taking into account mainly "Perfected" ones because of limited risk) you shouldn't blindly go short long after '9'. In one of his books his mentioning that very clearly "If Setup recorded a count of 11, only 1-9 counts remain on the chart"

setup_complete.jpg

setup_complete2.jpg

It would be nice to have kind of mark (different arrow, any symbol) when last bar which meets requirement of Setup.

I will continue in next post next days to keep clear track and separate things from 1 long post where is everything....

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
I'm not quite sure if I was clear in latest post, because I was tired... Anyway, few examples
a1.png
The idea is to mark, where last bar which still meets requirement of Setup phase is. It's important for trading only setups and for judging which setup (if there is more than one after another is more valid). Here DeMark marks it via rectangles (it's most common way in Bloomberg platform or Aspen), but I think it's enough to mark it with kind of symbol like I did below with red cross.

a2.png
a3.png
And again, let's leave Setup numbering 1-9 as completed Setup and for clarity instead of this way
a4.png

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
Next, regarding 'Perfected' Setup. I'm not sure how you have in your code, but... arrow should appears not only at 8 or 9, but also at any subsequent bar which is still meeting requirement of Setup. So if Setup consist of 15 bars and 15th bar low/high is greater than low/high bars 6&7 then arrow should be over bar 15...

In below example Setup is unperfected till bar 9, but following bar which close is still higher than 4 bars earlier makes Setup perfected.
b1.png

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
And the last request to the script, which I believe should be easy to implement because most of coding is already done could be add a TD Combo. Basically it's the same, but counting of Countdown starts from first bar of Setup, when setup is completed (I can provide all requirements). It occurs rare but is more powerfull. This could be switched on/off from main indicator menu. IMHO doesn't make sense to create another script when 90% coding is the same.

I can support in backtesting, providing any examples, building trading plan, because here DeMark doesn't give any strict rules, maybe besides how to take position in multitimeframes.

Last edited:

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
Found some bugs in indicator AUDCHF, H4:

- without marking where price flip occured (purple "X") during Setup phase arrow indicates perfected buy setup on wrong bar
- in this particular case , countdown is missing (have no idea why) - I marked with blue numbers
- in circle I marked some bug of not deleting setup count
AUDCHF.png

Last edited:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
AxiTrader
I've just attached the indicator to the AUD/CHF H4 on AxiTrader (US03-Demo server) and although the bars look the same as on your chart, the output of TDSU looks different. I don't see any stray "3" from a sell setup count:
AUDCHFH4-tds-axitrader.png
Are you sure you are using the latest version (1.01)? And if so, did you add any modifications to it?

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
Hi, yes I'm using your original script v 1.01, unfortunately I don't know mql what I regret. What are assumptions for stop countdown counting in your script? Looks like price flip is one of them.
I was suprised with your screenshot from AxiTrader but I repeat exercise for other brokers. Here you go:
  • JAFX
JAFX.jpg
  • AxiTrader Live
Axitrader.jpg
  • CMC Markets
CMC.jpg

Looks like AxiTrader Live generates some issue, but take a look at Countdowns - there are bunch of these which ends somewhere in the middle and are not cleared out. You can rewind AUDCHF chart and you'll find quite a lot such Countdowns

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@kris82wt Yeah, I've noticed lots of such stray sell counts in other places. Anyway, I've tried to fix the issue - both with stray sell counts and with missing Countdowns in some cases. Please try the attached version and let me know if it fixes the issues on AxiTrader Live feed. Thanks!

Attachments

• TD Sequential Ultimate_WIP.ex4
    37 KB · Views: 7
  • 👍
Reactions: kris82wt

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
This version fixed issue with "3" on Sell Setup, but counting Countdowns still remain. Best chart to test it seems to be S&P500 H4, here below I attached from JAFX broker
AUDCHF_WIP.jpg

SPX500_H4.jpg

kris82wt

Trader
Nov 28, 2020
There are not necessary if not completed. The cleaner, the better.
BTW. Could you correct TDST support/resistance lines if not done already (as in above posts)? It will be also better just to keep horizontal lines, the ones at angle do not act as support/resistance.