hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
almost 2 years ago a very polite discussion between the cableguy and myself developed..... the cableguy actually lived in the ukraine...... that discussion has weighed on my mind since then.....

just before christmas, 2019, a tough decision was made....... open an account with oanda for the sole purpose to prove publicly , or at least to myself again, that trading could be beneficial at least to some degree.....

progress updates will be mainly end of month...... and short on words....h

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Looking forward to seeing your results. What kind of strategy and trading instruments are trading in that account?
//-----

hey enivid..... the instruments will be the common forex pairs with the exception of no gbp pairs.....

only have a rough idea of the full final strategy..... as it stands today there are three parts.....

trend following...... part will be based on the current count and direction of 4 indicators...... alma, jfatl, jjma , and the tsr(60)..... (what follows a red 14 idea)......

reversion to mean....... part will be based on multiple time frames 0 bar new zigzag legs..... real time example is the cadchf.... earlier today 6 of the 7 highest time frames had a 0 bar new down leg......

moving average crossovers....... alma crossing the tsr(60)......

as always, lot size will be unusually small for the account size...... average will be less than 0.05..... count of 0.01 trades will be high.....

my point here will be a subtle one..... that being, with restraint and reason trading could be beneficial at least to some degree..... h

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
reversion to mean....... part will be based on multiple time frames 0 bar new zigzag legs..... real time example is the cadchf.... earlier today 6 of the 7 highest time frames had a 0 bar new down leg...... h
//------

to explain my lot size reasoning.....

the charts below are from a live oanda account but not the 2020 which account has very similar trades.....

using the eurusd in a oanda states based 50:1 account as an example, it takes roughly 220 pips to fully clear the margin required.....

margin required is linear so roughly speaking,

margin required for a 0.01 trade is 22$ ..... takes 220 pips to make 22$.....

margin required for a 0.1 trade is 220$..... takes 220 pips to make 222$.....

margin required for a 1.0 trade is 2220$..... takes 220 pips to make 2220$.....
//------

now suppose my account was 2500$...... plenty enough free margin to buy 1 standard eurusd lot......

yeah right....... we all know how that would end up.......

now suppose my account was 2500$ and i bought only 0.01 lot...... then later when it moved in my favor i bought another...... and another..... continually buying as it moved in my favor......

my thoughts are possibly using a variation...... such as a set of 0.04 lot trades , followed by 0.03 trades, and 0.02, and 0.01..... this should assures your trades do not get top heavy.....

there is a safety factor in decrementing small positions..... 0.04, 0.04, 0.04, 0.03. 0.03, 0.03 and so on.....

some thought needs to be given to the daily, weekly, and monthly atr.....

timing is of course equally important..... yesterday the audchf was within 50 pips of this century's all time low...... potential triple bottom on daily and up charts......h
//-----
nzdchf-h4-oanda-division1.png
cadchf-h4-oanda-division1.png