Why demo performance is often better than live performance?

In a demo account traders get fills all the time , in a live account spread will usually be greater than on market watch.

They will be using the virtual dealer plug in to steal bigger spreads , so traders wont make money.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/31987

Mary Z

Trader
Dec 18, 2018
If you are a trader and your looking to achieve a solid trading strategy and Invest, Demo's are generally never the answer. Demo accounts are made as testing. Meaning, If you like a specific broker and want to test their platform, spread, latency then go ahead. But never rely on the Demo specifically if the broker has more than one regulation or no Cyprus regulations only.

If you are a trader and your looking to achieve a solid trading strategy and Invest, Demo's are generally never the answer. Demo accounts are made as testing. Meaning, If you like a specific broker and want to test their platform, spread, latency then go ahead. But never rely on the Demo specifically if the broker has more than one regulation or no Cyprus regulations only.

They are no good for testing their spread, it is a false statement.

Mary Z

Trader
Dec 18, 2018
They are no good for testing their spread, it is a false statement.
In fact it is not. I do not know what broker you work/trade with, but FCA regulated brokers must supply the spread through demo accounts as well. But I did say "Demo's are generally never the answer"

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
And how many of you can show good results on a demo online? Give the investor password, trade a week, we will see if the demo is really that easy. It seems to me that the result will not be outstanding. But I could be wrong.

And how many of you can show good results on a demo online? Give the investor password, trade a week, we will see if the demo is really that easy. It seems to me that the result will not be outstanding. But I could be wrong.

Most people on forums are working for brokers, to show positive fake results, they hide 9 losing accounts out of 10 , they show the one winning account.

http://besttradingforums.blogspot.com/2017/

Mary Z

Trader
Dec 18, 2018
Ann, It is not Easy but if you have the right resources it could be a piece of pie! At one point I was an analyst giving over 200 traders signals. I started with a demo account of 10,000 and 50 days later that account is currently 23,890.34.. But the point that is mentioned to all traders is that on a demo account if you loose you wouldn't care, But on a live account the client has emotions involved because he is loosing his real money!

Mary Z

Trader
Dec 18, 2018
Most people on forums are working for brokers, to show positive fake results, they hide 9 losing accounts out of 10 , they show the one winning account.

http://besttradingforums.blogspot.com/2017/

I agree with what your saying!

As I mentioned, Traders on demo accounts can open and close anytime and don't care if they loose or win. But traders on Live accounts have emotions because it is their real money and sometimes that can be an issue.

momo3HC

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
I agree with what your saying!

As I mentioned, Traders on demo accounts can open and close anytime and don't care if they loose or win. But traders on Live accounts have emotions because it is their real money and sometimes that can be an issue.
That`s always an issue and that`s the main problem for many traders. Everyone must deal with demo as same as real account. If he make a emotional difference between them will fail. After all even experienced traders are using demos for testing new strategies.

Dictorsto

Trader
Dec 23, 2018
I agree that some brokers are using forums to show some great trading results in order to attract more customers. I dont support this kind of marketing. But, there are other people who really make huge progress through perfecting their trading strategy. So, the truth is somewhere in the gray zone

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
Ann, It is not Easy but if you have the right resources it could be a piece of pie! At one point I was an analyst giving over 200 traders signals. I started with a demo account of 10,000 and 50 days later that account is currently 23,890.34.. But the point that is mentioned to all traders is that on a demo account if you loose you wouldn't care, But on a live account the client has emotions involved because he is loosing his real money!
I assure you, I am quite an experienced trader, and do not allow emotions to stop me from trading. I trade on a live account just like on a demo. Except that on the demo absolute liquidity. But I do not know how it can be used. So, I personally find it difficult to show a good result on a demo, as difficult as on a live account.
That is why I asked for the investor password. The trader reports the account number, before the start of trading and the investor password. Then he trades, and I watch. He will not be able to drop this account and open another one.

Helloyees

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
First, you should know that demo trading is not just for the trader to familiarize with trading, but its also a marketing strategy for luring new traders into signing up for live accounts. Your real money is not involved, so you definitely wont feel the risk either

Adam Jackson

Trader
Jun 15, 2019
Demo trading account is basically being used by the traders for learning purposes. But it is also true that demo practice can facilitate a trader all the good opportunity to make him prepared for the competitive forex market. However, after completing practice session with demo when a trader starts working with his live account he can feel the real life pressure and market uncertainties as real trading involves with hazard of losing investment.

mandy828

Jul 9, 2019
In the casual world of free demo accounts - many young traders find they are able to garner impressive profits without a significant amount of effort. It almost seems too good to be true. But transferring this success from a demo account to a real account is far less common. Why is this?

Often because of lack of real money commitment the results achieved from trading in a demo account might differ from actual live trading performance.Even if a person performs better in a demo account their results in a live account will differ for sure.Generally, it happens because money is not involved and you can trade like a million while in live trading people gets anxious and tend to take non calculated risk as they get swayed away by their emotions.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Often because of lack of real money commitment the results achieved from trading in a demo account might differ from actual live trading performance.Even if a person performs better in a demo account their results in a live account will differ for sure.Generally, it happens because money is not involved and you can trade like a million while in live trading people gets anxious and tend to take non calculated risk as they get swayed away by their emotions.

Even, I see many new traders use 50K demo account but when they come to live; they invest only 100$! But interesting point is; they expect same profit as like 50K demo! That’s the reality.

johnbrown_01

Aug 7, 2019
Because problems like emotional commitments and irrelevant trading plans have no direct consequences on demo performance. Demo trading is done according to one’s will, with the market trends not influencing the real money of the investor in any way.

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
For me, it is about Trading mindset, and the different experience of emotions when trading real money, the impact this has is very underestimated by new traders

For me, it is about Trading mindset, and the different experience of emotions when trading real money, the impact this has is very underestimated by new traders

99 % will lose due to psychology

• 👍
Reactions: REB_FX