Why demo performance is often better than live performance?

momo3HC

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
In the casual world of free demo accounts - many young traders find they are able to garner impressive profits without a significant amount of effort. It almost seems too good to be true. But transferring this success from a demo account to a real account is far less common. Why is this?
Hi there. The main reason for me is they`re don`t trade in same ways real like demo. Most of them thinks that in demo you don`t risk anything and there they are way more mentally free. When it comes to real they`re mentally pressed not to lose their capital and then the mistakes start. I`m hoping to understand me.

Hi there. The main reason for me is they`re don`t trade in same ways real like demo. Most of them thinks that in demo you don`t risk anything and there they are way more mentally free. When it comes to real they`re mentally pressed not to lose their capital and then the mistakes start. I`m hoping to understand me.

Kennyrice

Trader
May 3, 2019
Demo account trading performance is much better than live trading because there is no threat of losing actual money in it. The pressure is bare minimum.

• 👍
Reactions: momo3HC

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Because it's like trial version of what you can expect, but brokers make their demo accounts sounds to good to be true and results are differ very much from real account. I think there should be some more punishment for things like that really. It's just make it all worse.

Yes, I see few traders are claiming this type of words against the brokers; but till now there have so many honest brokers who are providing honest demo & live trading service.

Yes, I see few traders are claiming this type of words against the brokers; but till now there have so many honest brokers who are providing honest demo & live trading service.

There are no spreads applied on demo, live accounts lose due to spread.There is no slippage and re quote on demo, on live broker will screw you with slippage and re quotes.Results will be much worse on live.

Hm... That's not true.

Prove it , that it is not true!

If you back test over 10,000 trades on mt4 , if not spread is applied , then a back tester will see 10,000 pips profit of 1 pip per trade.
Some demo brokers purposely want you to believe , that trader will get filled on back testing , without a spread.

Prove that MT4 virtual dealer type plug in , is not applied on demo accounts , to eliminate spreads.

When you back test it not use a spread, but depending on back testing settings of broker , broker may give fill without a spread.They may also give fills on demo, without a spread.Spread only comes in on live accounts , why should broker earn a fictitious demo spread? He uses that to lure suckers, make them believe they will make more money on forex , until they come to the real world.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
They may also give fills on demo, without a spread.Spread only comes in on live accounts , why should broker earn a fictitious demo spread?

So, they "may" or do they do it often enough to justify calling it "There are no spreads applied on demo"? Do you have some proof that it happens at least in 1% of demo trades? Sorry for resorting to ab auctoritate, but I am trading Forex since 2005 and I have never experienced a demo trade without a spread.

So, they "may" or do they do it often enough to justify calling it "There are no spreads applied on demo"? Do you have some proof that it happens at least in 1% of demo trades? Sorry for resorting to ab auctoritate, but I am trading Forex since 2005 and I have never experienced a demo trade without a spread.

So you have only been demo trading all this time?

I been trading since 1998 , I don't keep copies or proof when brokers use these tactics .I have experienced it.
The meta quotes championships could very well have been doctored to promote winners in "fake competitions" .

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
So you have only been demo trading all this time?

How is that related to the experience of no spreads on demo accounts?

I been trading since 1998 , I don't keep copies or proof when brokers use these tactics .I have experienced it.

You experienced often enough to claim that there are no spreads on demo?

The meta quotes championships could very well have been doctored to promote winners in "fake competitions" .

PS: Frankly, I don't get your whole point. You are basically trying to expose the bad side of Forex in your posts. In my opinion, this is a good thing to do. But now you make a post claiming that there are no spreads on demo, which is obviously false. And instead of backing off from this claim, you continue to double down on it. This hurts your cause more than it helps you.

If you trade live accounts , then you don't experience anything about demo.It does not make you an expert on demo.You would not know when broker is just encouraging you to start trading live, with false hope, like the free deposits that brokers offer.:). They are looking for suckers.

You experienced often enough to claim that there are no spreads on demo?

Some forex brokers may not have spreads on demo.I have seen it all , including every fake gimmick by brokers to encourage new recruits example free deposit by brokers. It is highly likely , that metaquotes would use this ploy of no spreads , it is most likely every or most demo feeds come from metaquotes. If every demo feed comes from Metaquotes , then everything is possible. I would not trust metaquotes as a trader, I know all about this outfit.

PS: Frankly, I don't get your whole point. You are basically trying to expose the bad side of Forex in your posts. In my opinion, this is a good thing to do. But now you make a post claiming that there are no spreads on demo, which is obviously false. And instead of backing off from this claim, you continue to double down on it. This hurts your cause more than it helps you.

I moved on from forex about 10 years ago , because everything about forex is rigged in favour of forex bucket shops. I only trade indices.

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
My demo performance is no better than the performance of a live account. If you know the bugs of the trading platform, you may be able to get a lot of profit on the demo with their help. Even on the demo is always absolute liquidity and instant execution. In moments of high volatility certainly will not push the spread and the price will not slip against you.

Absolutely not true! :cool:

Yeah !fake traders , fake money , fake bonuses from brokers, faked demo results, faked back tests and fake traders .

How can it all be true?