Small Vs. Big

chenleefx

Active Trader
Jun 14, 2010
Hello every, I am the beginner to the Forex. I wonder what is the difference between big vs. small broker? what is the advantage and disadvantage between them?? and what is your recommendation on choosing brokers?

Thanks

chenleefx

Active Trader
Jun 14, 2010
Small is probably a scam, because a broker needs to be big to operate profitably without earning from traders' loss.

Thank you for your reply, but saw some small companies have STP, and they said they will not trade against me as well..so i wonder what are the main components people usually looking for when selecting the company to trade with?

chenleefx

Active Trader
Jun 14, 2010
Small is probably a scam, because a broker needs to be big to operate profitably without earning from traders' loss.

Thanks for your reply,

so does it mean that smaller firm will trade against me more than bigger firm? What about STP? i heard a broker with STP will not trade against me. is it the case?

THanks

Lee

chenleefx

Active Trader
Jun 14, 2010

um..ic...so what about STP? I asked some small firm about STP, and they told me it means they will not trade against me...So what are the main components to choose a good broker to trade with??

Thank you
Lee

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
STP just means that all your orders are processed automatically without going through the broker's dealing desk. Needless to say that a broker can manipulate your orders automatically too and trade against you too even if it's STP.

Hamven

Banned
Apr 19, 2010
Try trading with a non-dealing desk forex brokers. Try searching the net for a broker that suits you. You may want to consult with non-clearing broker who does not trade against you. Try company called Forex Signs, Inc.

reed

Banned
Jun 5, 2013
Try trading with a non-dealing desk forex brokers. Try searching the net for a broker that suits you. You may want to consult with non-clearing broker who does not trade against you. Try company called Forex Signs, Inc.

I think you are right. A non-dealing desk broker is a good way to start, it won't be really wise to start trading with a market maker. One of the things my friend who introduced to fx told me is to look for a non-dealing desk broker, this is why i choose Profiforex after my research. But the irony of the whole thing is that market makers still exist, meaning people still use them!