Are You Disappointed in Trading?

buldy

Trader
Nov 15, 2016
I'm not disappointed in it, cause it's my everyday work.

In fact I don't see any reason why we should be disappointed, because for some us here we make a leaving off forex. True, it might not be easy sometimes but we can definitely cope knowing there is hardly any other option.

Winjak

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
It does get to the point sometimes when I think about stopping. It is tough to make that call when you have been trying for a couple of years though.
Oh. a couple of years... But what's the problem? Doesn't your strategy work? Can't you forecast the price movement or something else?

dwerve

Jan 5, 2017
I
Oh. a couple of years... But what's the problem? Doesn't your strategy work? Can't you forecast the price movement or something else?
don't know but I sense giving up in the tone of the post, because of possible failures sometimes which is common even among experienced traders.
Just redefine your strategy, maybe go back to learning again, or a possible break can suffice to analyze things over again.

Roifx

Trader
Nov 23, 2016
roifx.com
Forex is place where you need patience to make money. If you can do well by keeping patience, then you won't be disappointed in forex. so need to have good knowledge and patience to make money from forex

Winjak

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
I

don't know but I sense giving up in the tone of the post, because of possible failures sometimes which is common even among experienced traders.
Just redefine your strategy, maybe go back to learning again, or a possible break can suffice to analyze things over again.
I was answering to FoxyFoxy in order to find out where is the problem. Yes, I think that it looks like a giveup post either, so I wanted to help him

Andrew101

Active Trader
Oct 3, 2016
Manchester
I am sometimes disappointed when I lose, but I have chosen not to give up. A trader once said, "currency trading is not about making money, it’s about learning how to not lose money".

• 👍
Reactions: AntjeWagner

dwerve

Jan 5, 2017
H
I was answering to FoxyFoxy in order to find out where is the problem. Yes, I think that it looks like a giveup post either, so I wanted to help him
Has he replied yet. I feel he really needs help, fore can be very funny sometimes and can play a fast one on you.

Lukas Schmidt

Trader
Jun 27, 2016
Good lukas, I believe being patient must have helped you. We all must struggle in life at some point, that doesn't mean we'll give up easily, we just have to keep fighting and hoping for the best!
Yep, making money in forex is a long process but well worth it.

freezfx

Trader
Jan 16, 2017
Nice thread here, but like they say; it is easier said than done. Bottom line is, it is very difficult to take lose easily but I guess we just have to try hard to control our emotions.

Aadolf

Trader
Jan 26, 2017
Traders lose and are disappointed not because trading is hard and difficult a thing to do but it is because of ignorance, or lack of discipline or because of both that makes some traders disappointed.

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
Yeah, we cannot just come in Forex, and start earning money, you need to learn a lot first, f you wanna become successful in Forex, else you will just end up losing it all.

Lukas Schmidt

Trader
Jun 27, 2016
Traders lose and are disappointed not because trading is hard and difficult a thing to do but it is because of ignorance, or lack of discipline or because of both that makes some traders disappointed.

Agree with that one! Something very important is the emotional discipline, many traders seem to have problem with that

Aadolf

Trader
Jan 26, 2017
Agree with that one! Something very important is the emotional discipline, many traders seem to have problem with that
One effective way to minimize this our emotions is to act fast to get out of a losing position so you can keep your losses to a minimum so that trade has been executed to the best of your ability. Once you have entered a trade you should enter a stop-loss order. Your stop needs to be adjusted to lessen the amount of money you have at risk and to protect any profits you may gain.

• 👍
Reactions: Lukas Schmidt

Winjak

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
I feel for some it takes short period of time, wonder how they do it. While others take a very steady long period of time. Forex is not always rosy I must say!
It's obvious, yeah.
Still, I wonder why a person is ignoring questions :)
I'm interested if some people on this forum read the answers to their posts :D

freezfx

Trader
Jan 16, 2017
Winjak, you made a fine point. So many don't even read the replies to their posts, and earnforex has even made things very easy. You can see your alerts of quotes to your posts or replies.

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
Many newbies are disappointed with their tradings, as they are not having much practice before getting into real trading. You need to remember that if you wanna become successful you need to have lots of practice.