Would you encourage your kids to learn to trade?

dojo

Trader
Sep 21, 2011
As a successful web designer, I'll do my best for my kid to find out about this and get all the support he/she will need if this job would suit them. Would you also encourage your kids to learn to trade? Are they already learning?

balexander26

Trader
Sep 26, 2011
Anything that can help my children learn to use problem solving and complex thinking I encourage. This is no different from a complex math problem or a game of chess except that it never ends. It is a constant source for knowledge, and as cliched as it sounds, knowledge is power.

Forex scalper

Trader
Oct 1, 2011
As a successful web designer, I'll do my best for my kid to find out about this and get all the support he/she will need if this job would suit them. Would you also encourage your kids to learn to trade? Are they already learning?

At 100% i say no, because i know how big stress comes from trading at the beginings and some bad days. I would advice you let the kid grow in their world, once they will be at age 18+ they can start with trading ;)

NewGuy

Trader
Oct 5, 2011
I wouldn't allow them to actually trade either, however, I would teach them about it once I myself am more familiar with it.

I might let them get involved in those virtual simulators though as they serve as a fun and safe way of experimenting without any actual risk as I wouldn't want them getting stressed over it at an early age which would do more harm than good as someone else pointed out.

StraightLine

Trader
Dec 8, 2011
Earth
2.0delaware.com
I already have my oldest interested in trading, and I am teaching him a little at a time.. it does make it hard when Im sitting there watching, thinking and planning.. and hes sitting there asking questions.. but I think in the end, he will be 10x the trader man, and person that I will ever be..

so I would say yes, introduce them, take the time to teach them.. but let them learn and make their own decision...
most importantly, let them trade with their own money..

mouhamed87

Trader
Dec 4, 2011
hey Mouhamed here I don't have any kids yet but i will definitely start training my kids at a early age how to trade Forex. This is a good way to learn how to earn on your own and you don't have to deal with the unpleasant people at the job and you make more money.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
No, I would not. That may seem weird seeing how I am into Fx, but it is for that very reason I would not encourage them to go for it. I know how stressful it can be and the idea of being tied down to a pc, just so you can be ready to cash in on movements is not what I would want for them.
The kicker - kids rarely listen to parents, I did not and don't think mine are gonna listen to me either..that sums it up!

devis77

Active Trader
Nov 8, 2011
Absolutely not ! It's waaay to risky to count only on Forex. The market is so dynamic and changes happens every minute, so I think a steady career path is more suitable. I trade just with the idea to boost my monthly income a little bit and with the tiny little hope that I would be somewhat successful. It's too hard for most of the people to earn good money at all from Forex, let alone to make a living for a long period.

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
Okay, 100% of all people here would advice their kids to not trade forex, but still want's to keep trading by themselves. Com on guys, don't be greedy and keep the pleasure to yourself, teach your kid now.

mr.gardner

Trader
Mar 14, 2012
I will definitely encourage my kids to learn FOREX once they turn 5 years. Also I will add some discipline by joining them in Karate course.

lyn.forex

Trader
Apr 30, 2012
I think it's good to tell them about it so they have at least knowledge or understanding in case they meet cases like forex trading. But not to the point that I would encourage him joining the trading for a living. It's a great risk. But if they insist, I will guide them and give them as much advise as they want. Best foundation learning from younger age than learning later.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
the think that came into my mind is the word kids? how old are we talking about here? like teens maybe? if so then yeah i would encourage them but not force them, maybe try to steer their curiosity (though im not a dad yet) coz i think forex can be a way of living in the future and to learn at an early age with them being really interested is a really great thing, since I started forex in my 20s and i feel i should have done so a lot earlier :D

lyn.forex

Trader
Apr 30, 2012
Right, any age in specific? for me it took me so long before I found the right platform for me. I have tried a lot of copiers before I found tradecopier dot com. when we talk about kids, i prefer they would know basic of forex as early as teens. who knows, when we show them like demo accounts they get interested. so as early as this time, they are aware of any fears and risks.

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
Right, any age in specific? for me it took me so long before I found the right platform for me. I have tried a lot of copiers before I found tradecopier dot com. when we talk about kids, i prefer they would know basic of forex as early as teens. who knows, when we show them like demo accounts they get interested. so as early as this time, they are aware of any fears and risks.

Demo accounts enable any one to be able to learn about the currencies so t hat they are able to see what are the different currency pairs and how they are traded.

lyn.forex

Trader
Apr 30, 2012
Demo accounts enable any one to be able to learn about the currencies so t hat they are able to see what are the different currency pairs and how they are traded.

Yes, I agree. The only difference with Demo from Live accounts is you're dealing with virtual money. By this way, children will know the value or importance of not risking real money just to let them [children] know forex trading.

Alchemist

Active Trader
May 2, 2012
England
www.alchemistforex.com
I don't have kids, but I'm teaching one of my nephews to trade so I can relate to this.

I can't see any reason not to encourage someone to trade if that's what they want to do. If they are taught properly by an experienced (and profitable) trader, and they have the right mind set, then why not?

lyn.forex

Trader
Apr 30, 2012
I see that we have different opinions. And I think that it's also same if kids (of any age) would be hear listening to our discussions. And I bet they might agree or disagree. But in the end, as parents we should respect any decision they might have in the future.

amitbaba

Trader
Jul 12, 2012
Bangladesh
Yes i really encourage to teach forex to my child because i know that forex is a profitable business all time and it has a good future so that i wanna see my child as a professional trader in forex.