whtat are the disadvantages of forex?

goodness

Trader
May 20, 2014
Can any one here tell me the disadvantages of forex, Forex involves high risk, do you think that is all the disadvantages of forex? please what is on your mind?

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
I think the only disadvantage of forex trading is for people who dont wanna learn it properly and jump into it without any education, strategy and plan. And the disadvantage for them is they lose their money even before they realize they were not trading with a plan and almost gambling their hard earned money.

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
Forex is risky - True. The fact is that all form business is risky. Forex can be less risky for a trader is willing to make use of the Money management tools. There are the stop loss and take profit options that a trader to utilize and minimize loss. What about leverage and trade volume? Yes, a trader must understand how this two factors affect the size of profit and loss. In reality, forex has as much disadvantage as any other business.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Risk is part of any business model, there's no business that is risk free. But of the lot, forex is riskier than the lot..and usually new traders wipe out their accounts within weeks mainly because they did not take the time to read, review, or research about fx trading. And then, there's the failure to use a SL..

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
There is no disadvantage in forex trading. Yes it can be risky but that is not disadvantage. The main problem for many new traders is not succeeding in forex trading, that's because the lack of education, good risk management and not enough trading experience.

aff1

Trader
Jul 16, 2014
I think those the risk. Forex trading is very risky and you need proper understanding of it before starting investment.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Yup,, I suppose fx trading is a tad addictive but that is mainly on account of the adrenaline rush..

nalu

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Sep 3, 2014
The disadvantage is that it always very difficult for beginners to be successful trading forex and also you can easily loss large amount of money in forex. That is why it is important for beginners to practice before diving into forex.

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
I think being risky is a disadvantage, where by there are chances that one can easily lose money most especially beginners who have little knowledge technique on how to trade the business.

chief

Confirmed Tickmill Representative
Oct 27, 2014
there's no such no disadvantage for every each investment field. regarding fx trading, there;s lot many room of flaw, for example risk are quite higher than any other investment program, you have to put lot of effort at your first years, lack of sleep.

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
One of the disadvantages of Forex - getting too carried away from acumulating small profits and next thing you see your account being burnt. It is a mind game - understanding risks vs. greed, trading strategies and money management are very essential

jezzykid

Banned
Nov 21, 2014
The only disadvantages I know of trading forex is that you can loose your hard earned money if the market goes against you; secondly, you may not have time for your family and friends especially, if you are too engrossed in trading.

hyperscalper

Trader
Jan 23, 2013
North Carolina USA
Forex is less Risk than Futures

There is no disadvantage in forex trading. Yes it can be risky but that is not disadvantage. The main problem for many new traders is not succeeding in forex trading, that's because the lack of education, good risk management and not enough trading experience.

I completely agree that Forex does not have disadvantages relative to other areas of trading. On the contrary, Risk Management through multi-entry Cost Basis Averaging is up to 100 times better than in FX Futures.

CNBC doesn't push Forex. The big firms are in Stocks, Futures, Options, but who takes Forex seriously?

Well, it should be taken seriously as a solid trading area alongside all of the others. In fact, Risk Management is one of the strongest areas in which Futures traders (Currency Futures, at least) should move out of Futures, and into the much more manageable Forex spot markets.

I used to provide software to Futures guys, and they all blow out because they are simply operating with Risk levels which are too high. Forex would allow FX Futures traders to manage Risk on a much finer grained level, and that is really not understood by the average trader watching CNBC on TV.

Good Trading !
HyperScalper

Last edited:

ezikel

Trader
Mar 17, 2015
the main disadvantage of forex is its unpredictability,unlike some other business whereby you stand a chance to know its season and peak moments,but in forex its simply impossible to know when the market would trend or of the trend would continue so traders tend to hope that they've made the right entry,for me this is the only disadvantage I can think of except if your trading with a wrong broker.

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
It's a interesting question, forex is unpredictability, that means somtimes you have to make decision before market become clear, but it just the characteristic of forex, like many other speculation business.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
As you are earning there is no disadvantage, many people do say its not good and thats when they loose, and loosing is apart of forex one has to accept it..

Fischer

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 9, 2015
The high risk evolved is probably the disadvantage of forex, but on the otherside what doesnt include risk in our lives?

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
Forex is very risky which is one of the great disadvantage that is why some people find it difficult to trade in forex. And the forex market is very challenging to predict because it constantly changing. And so in the course of understanding the market most beginner tend to loss.