Which Trend Indicators Do You Use?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Normally, I do not use trend indicators in my analysis. On rare occasions, I might add some long-term moving average (usually EMA) when I want to know how the current price action is doing relatively to its history. Also, Bollinger bands is a trend indicator that incorporates volatility and is a step forward compared to other trend indicators.

daytide

Trader
Oct 2, 2015
I use only Renko charts, with the 'Advanced ADX' indicator. Each to his/her own, but it suits me & keeps the £'s coming in!

Well, for my experience you can many times increase your probabilities for wining strategies by using them only with the direction of the main trend. Most of my strategies are built from different indicators, however eventually limited to the trades which goes with the overall trend. It provide less trades, but of a higher quality. That's why i think it's so important to use good indicators for identifying trends.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Well, for my experience you can many times increase your probabilities for wining strategies by using them only with the direction of the main trend. Most of my strategies are built from different indicators, however eventually limited to the trades which goes with the overall trend. It provide less trades, but of a higher quality. That's why i think it's so important to use good indicators for identifying trends.

I would place more importance on the use of the right kind of trading Indicators as they are the ones that give us signals for doing our trading. If our trading is correct then the income potential that we have will also increase :)

I would place more importance on the use of the right kind of trading Indicators as they are the ones that give us signals for doing our trading. If our trading is correct then the income potential that we have will also increase :)
Yes, it is important to use the right indicators. However in order to know which indicators to use you need to know the general market conditions. Indicators behave differently in different times. For example indicators that are useful during ranging time will not be as useful during strong trends. So, before using indicators it's important to identify a trend direction and it's power. But yeah, after that it is highly important to choose the right indicators:)

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Yes, it is important to use the right indicators. However in order to know which indicators to use you need to know the general market conditions. Indicators behave differently in different times. For example indicators that are useful during ranging time will not be as useful during strong trends. So, before using indicators it's important to identify a trend direction and it's power. But yeah, after that it is highly important to choose the right indicators:)

I have used some really good trading indicators in my trades and all i can say is that if my knowledge about them is correct then i would be able to use them with success. As i have seen many times that if i get a loss i have to adjust my trades in such a manner that my trading funds remain safe with me :)

I have used some really good trading indicators in my trades and all i can say is that if my knowledge about them is correct then i would be able to use them with success. As i have seen many times that if i get a loss i have to adjust my trades in such a manner that my trading funds remain safe with me :)
Well, i guess we can't argue about what works:)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I am prefer trade without indicator and only look caked chart use candlestick chart, I am trying to analyze the market based on candletick pattern with look on support resistance area that figured on previous chart, I made my trading being simple and I like it.

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
I don't use any trend indicator. I use my eyes as my indicator as I have good experience in market now to trade with the trend.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
I don't use any trend indicator. I use my eyes as my indicator as I have good experience in market now to trade with the trend.
I am also use only naked chart use candlestick as my tool to analyze the market, as newbie also I am ever trying several indicator from custom indicator created by third party, but in fact still confuse and loss, so now I made simple trading with candlestick pattern combine with price action.

Some of the more successful traders i know trade on a naked chart. Simple is usually better. Personally i use 2-3 indicators just to strengthen my decision. But, most traders don't realized they only get confused from so many indicators..

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Some of the more successful traders i know trade on a naked chart. Simple is usually better. Personally i use 2-3 indicators just to strengthen my decision. But, most traders don't realized they only get confused from so many indicators..
Since I've beginner also ever trying use complicated indicator created from third party, indeed views the chart like as the art, but these indicator also required more bandwith in computer and make metatrader being low responding, it only disturbing trader if they will open new order and closed order because mt4 become low respond.

Since I've beginner also ever trying use complicated indicator created from third party, indeed views the chart like as the art, but these indicator also required more bandwith in computer and make metatrader being low responding, it only disturbing trader if they will open new order and closed order because mt4 become low respond.
Most indicators are built in the MT4 so it doesn't suppose to slow the program, but adding external indicators can affect. However, there is no need. Most indicators show different variations of the same things. And i'll tell you a little secret - Brokers want traders to use as many indicators as possible, as its another reason for traders to "pull the trigger" make some more transactions, trade more, and more commissions for the broker

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Most indicators are built in the MT4 so it doesn't suppose to slow the program, but adding external indicators can affect. However, there is no need. Most indicators show different variations of the same things. And i'll tell you a little secret - Brokers want traders to use as many indicators as possible, as its another reason for traders to "pull the trigger" make some more transactions, trade more, and more commission for the broker

I am using MT4 in my trading as that allows me to trade using the trusted Indicators and also this helps me in my trades using the trading strategy that i have developed :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Most indicators are built in the MT4 so it doesn't suppose to slow the program, but adding external indicators can affect. However, there is no need. Most indicators show different variations of the same things. And i'll tell you a little secret - Brokers want traders to use as many indicators as possible, as its another reason for traders to "pull the trigger" make some more transactions, trade more, and more commissions for the broker
Maybe reasonable, more trades will get benefit for broker, but some scalping trader they also will trade on aggressive trading usually because they like with their strategy.
for me now prefer trade with naked chart clean from indicator but sometime I am use list object like as horisontal line or use crosshair to look on support resistance according my own analysis.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Maybe reasonable, more trades will get benefit for broker, but some scalping trader they also will trade on aggressive trading usually because they like with their strategy.
for me now prefer trade with naked chart clean from indicator but sometime I am use list object like as horisontal line or use crosshair to look on support resistance according my own analysis.

There are many traders who are able to earn a good income in their trading. But then we have to remember this fact that income depends on a number of factors and we have to understand them if we want to earn profits from our trades :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
If any trader they already able understand with their system trading for long period of time it will make them more understand with weakness and advantage system trading on many market condition, keep discipline with rules system trading is help trader to making evaluation trades.