What time frames are better to trade on?

Jan 9, 2020
Daily timeframe for me as well.
An advantage of looking at daily charts is that it makes your trading less emotional as it adds only one new piece of information every day. So you can sit back and take a prudent decision without worrying for tracking price change every minute. I have personally observed and learned that focusing on daily charts helps you avoid two biggest mistakes a common trader does - overtrading and overanalyzing.

• 👍
Reactions: REB_FX

torry9

Jan 6, 2020
I use multiple time frames. I believe my analysis remains incomplete if I depend on just time frame. We need to have a short term and long term look in order to have a better insight into price movements and trends.

REB_FX

Trader
Feb 8, 2019
Daily timeframe for me as well.
An advantage of looking at daily charts is that it makes your trading less emotional as it adds only one new piece of information every day. So you can sit back and take a prudent decision without worrying for tracking price change every minute. I have personally observed and learned that focusing on daily charts helps you avoid two biggest mistakes a common trader does - overtrading and overanalyzing.

This is a great explanation and very good points made

Zalea

Sep 15, 2020
It depends on you because some traders feel most comfortable trading the 1-hour charts. This time frame is longer, but not too long, and trade signals are fewer, but not too few. Trading at this time frame helps give you more time to analyze the market and not feel so rushed. The trading market depends on you if you can effort more, the market gives you the knowledge for a better time frame.

Last edited:

ForexTus

Banned
Sep 23, 2020
Choosing a time frame to trade on depends a lot on your personality. An adrenaline hungry trader will likely seek shorter time frames and more action, while a calm-seeking trader will prefer longer time frames and sitting on a position for a longer period of time. What is your choice?

Completely depends on your personality

KISvalue

Trader
Oct 9, 2020
France
If you prefer least action & you are good in trading, choose higher timeframe. If you prefer more action & you're very good in trading then choose smaller timeframes. Will be better to avoid lower timeframes, if you don't feel you've an interest sitting in front of the chart, for any duration & analyzing.

Martimx

Oct 5, 2020
I use multiple time frames. I believe my analysis remains incomplete if I depend on just time frame. We need to have a short term and long term look in order to have a better insight into price movements and trends.
That's right! Cannot depend on a single timeframe

Zeenat shein

Banned
Apr 11, 2020
For some forex traders, they feel most comfortable trading the 1-hour charts. This time frame is longer, but not too long, and trade signals are fewer, but not too few. Trading on this time frame helps give more time to analyze the market and not feel so rushed.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
I don't think there is one select timeframe which is better than the others. All timeframes are valid and can be profitable, which one is for you depends on your goals, your lifestyle and your starting capital. I also think it's a good idea to use shorter and longer timeframes at the same time.

sunar14

Banned
Jan 17, 2021
The type of timeframes majorly depend on the type of trader you and trading style ,a scalper will preferably go for 5m or 15m but a long term trader will prefer D1 or H4 timeframes, I use mostly the 5m,15m ,H4 or D1 for various reasons including scalping, trend setting ,entries etc ..