What time frames are better to trade on?

daniele roos

Oct 3, 2016
It does all depend upon the trader’s trading style and strategy. If a trader has very short holding period time or he is intraday trader then he would look in to M5, M15 orH1 time frame. If trader has long term perspective then he would look in to the bigger time frame H8 or D1. However, long term time frame is more reliable then the short term time frame.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
I have my trading plan, according which i manage my trade with 1 to 4 hours time frame only. Most probably 4 hours and 1 day is best time frame for my trading strategy. Few people like to work on 5 to 15 minutes but it is not safe at all. Not every one handle it easily.

BagIt

Jul 27, 2016
The type of timeframes majorly depend on the type of trader you and trading style ,a scalper will preferably go for 5m or 15m but a long term trader will prefer D1 or H4 timeframes, I use mostly the 5m,15m ,H4 or D1 for various reasons including scalping, trend setting ,entries etc ..

• 👍
Reactions: Hafizmd

wisetrada

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2014
Larger time frames are better for new traders. Shorter time frames tend to have many price movement which you can easily mistake for trading opportunities. Some of these opportunities turn out fake signals.

• 👍
Reactions: Alexfx79

lenon

Banned
Sep 8, 2015
I like to trade on the long-tern, that's why my main timeframes are H4 and D1, but sometimes I can do scalping for a change, then minute timeframes really come in handy, like M5, M15 and M30.

Twin butterfly

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2016
Time frame selection depends on trader, and differ as trader's strategy and style is differ. But most experienced trader like to work with big time frame as they are more safe and accurate then short one.

Brads

Active Trader
Jul 4, 2016
India
Yeah...! Time frames selection changes from trader to trader as each of them has a different mind and a different style of trading.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
1H for me, time for holding position is 3-4 days in average. Lower timeframe is a noise where its impossible to use technical lines even basic S/R because of frequent breakouts..

BigMikey

Feb 12, 2017
Traditionally traders are recommended to start on a high time frame first and then go to lower time frames but I personally think that the 1 hour time frame is king. Best for intra day trading and for long term positions

jameswilliam

Trader
Jan 31, 2017
Choice of time frame differs from trader to trader as different trading styles and strategies are suitable in different time frames. It entirely depends upon the style and strategy of a particular trader. Long term traders usually look for 4hrs or 1day time frames. Whereas, day traders gain from short term price movements so they usually trade for 15min, 30min or 1 hr time frame.

Eric Owen

Apr 27, 2017
I trade only when it is convenient for me. And it does not matter what time is outside. Maybe it will be at night, and maybe in the early morning.

Martin Gaptil

Trader
Mar 5, 2017
I am a scalper and M30 is my 1st choice, I always select my entry and exit points according to this useful time frame! In addition, I measure current position on market trend in order to H1 time frame! In addition, I only use these two time frames in my trading! And, I don’t use others trading style in my live account!

AlinaLee

Trader
Apr 25, 2017
Professional traders spend about thirty seconds choosing a time frame (if that) because their choice of time frame is not based on a trading system or technique, nor upon the market that they are trading (usually), but upon their own trading personality.

For example, traders that like to make many trades throughout the trading day might choose a shorter time frame while traders that like to make only one or two trades per trading day might choose a longer time frame.

The reason that professional traders do not spend endless amounts of time searching for the best time frame is that their trading is based upon market dynamics (excepting the statistical traders), and market dynamics apply in every time frame.

For example, a price pattern that has significance on a 2-minute chart will also have significance on a 2-hour chart, and if it does not, then it is not a relevant price pattern at all. In other words, if your trading system or technique is not making a profit, there is nothing wrong with the time frame, but with your trading system or technique instead.

Banni

Trader
Apr 20, 2017
I prefer to trade on h1, but here everyone chooses for themselves depending on the strategy and currency volatility.

Xavefif

Master Trader
Aug 31, 2015
There are many factors here to consider, it all depends on a trading strategy and the trader's trading style, I for instance prefer trading on the american session.