What is the lot size you are using?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Choosing the size of the lots when you enter a trade should be a part of your trading strategy. If you ask yourself what lot size it will work best for you as a beginner, the answer depends on your trading style and trading strategy. The smaller your lot size is the more flexible you can be managing your account.

Rockefeller

Master Trader
Jul 12, 2013
London
Trader should choose a lot size according to account size. Lot size also depends on trading style and on SL level. My lot size varies from 0.5 lots to 1 lot.

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
that's why a micro account is best for beginners, to easily manage.

You are right about this. However, in order to increase your pip value, you need to increase your lot size. The higher you buy/sell, the higher your pip value.

witaryan

Active Trader
Apr 11, 2014
of course, the selection of lots shall be in accordance with our trading strategy. but for a beginner it would be better to use small lot. we can trade with 0.01 lot, so the risk that we will encounter will also be smaller. This is part of MM trading. so we should think well of lots that will be used so that the capital we are not going to quickly run out. try trading in FBS with welcome bonus $5

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
Upper limit for my lot size is 2 lots. It depends of capital what lot size gives best risk/profit ratio.

praise

Banned
Apr 7, 2014
Choosing a lot size to work with will make a big impact on your risk management strategy. Traders should choose lots size according to account size.The more you buy/sell the more profit you make at the end of each trade. I prefer a micro account, which I am currently using with Profiforex. This allows me to make smaller trades and reduce my risk.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
One can trade as many lots as one wants...few traders even enter new lots in after seeing the direction of the trending market. But just remember, keep an eye out on margin in order to avoid getting stopped out. The stop out level varies with each broker, so with a good risk management, you should be able to trade more lots, manage your risk and avoid getting stopped out..

nekojfx

Trader
Apr 15, 2014
They should call it a "newbie lot"

I'm still not trading Live, I use Demos so sometimes I try to be a big shot and go for the full lot..hah but in reality I'd use a 0.1 lot- so called a "newbie" lot :D
Plus in the beginning I would't invest a lot, and I wouldn't choose a sky-high leverage, so that leaves me with the o.1!

Bill Korneus

Trader
Apr 8, 2014
When I learned to trade with demo accounts I used 0.01 lot. My first deal was opened with 0.01 lot too, For a month I was afraid to raise the lot. Now I'm trading with 0.25 - 2 lots depending on the confidence in my forecasts)

Pionex

Trader
May 5, 2014
As I invested $200 first time, I would not crossed the limit of 0.04 lot. I have traded little and I actually do not open more than one trade in a single time. So I think according to capital my investment is perfect and I will be able to loss within my limit. I will not loss all the capital in a certain loss. In this time I have $500 in my account and I open max 0.1 lot in a single time.

shl2412

Banned
May 22, 2014
Pakistan
Choosing the size of the lots when you enter a trade should be a part of your trading strategy. If you ask yourself what lot size it will work best for you as a beginner, the answer depends on your trading style and trading strategy. The smaller your lot size is the more flexible you can be managing your account.

I ma a new forex trader and i am very alert about the trading ,and often i use only 0.1 volume lot and if market is going in my favor then i use double lot only but i avoid over trading and also avoid from greed .

tobeone

Master Trader
Jul 3, 2013
My robot calculates the lotsize for each position according to stop loss, tickvalue, account balance etc. I never do it myself. So that I know exactly how many dollars I risk.

Last edited: