Weekly Breakout

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
Thank you, Enivid!
It takes a lot of time to make forward tests for this kind of strategy. Maybe @mhqs idea of a trailing stop feature is not bad to find more profitable opportunities for the EA.
What do you think?

Im testing this EA on Dow30 stock CFDs, weekly and think that it would be useful not only to continue the trade on the next week(s) provided you are in gain, but the original stop loss should be changed as a trailing stop.
As an example, you go long, week ends with a 2% gain, the original stop loss will be moved to the previous week candle LOW (high if you went short). That's way you are able to catch strong trending markets. Hope someone can modify this EA in this way.

Nice weekend!

PeterPan001

Trader
Apr 22, 2014
Hi Enivid. I like your Weekly Breakout EA for MT5. You must have put in a lot of thinking into it. Thank you. By the way, could you teach me how to add a TakeProfit? thanks.

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
By testing the EA for some non forex symbols unfortunately it doesnt open the pending orders because "order send error 130".

What can be the reason for that?

PeterPan001

Trader
Apr 22, 2014
Hi Enivid

Thank you for your reply. I will try it out and let you know the feedback. By the way, this is on MT4. What if it is on MT5? Do I do the same as you mentioned? Thanks.