Weekly Breakout

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
Hello Enivid,

thank you for the new EA!
Is it possible to let the trade open during the next weeks when the trade is in profit or will every trade close before a new trade during the next week is possible?
I think it can be better to have more then one open trade during a longer strong trend.
Will it works for non-forex symbols too?

Have a nice weekend!

(There is a little mistake in the link from the EA list to here. Oktat link.)

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Is it possible to let the trade open during the next weeks when the trade is in profit or will every trade close before a new trade during the next week is possible?

Yeah. Assuming that you are using MT4 version, just remove or comment out the line #72 in the source .mq4 file. You will have to close positions manually then, of course.

Will it works for non-forex symbols too?

Should work. Let me know if it does not.

(There is a little mistake in the link from the EA list to here. Oktat link.)

Thanks for reporting!

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
I tested the EA during the last week with different symbols and it looks not bad so far.

Yeah. Assuming that you are using MT4 version, just remove or comment out the line #72 in the source .mq4 file. You will have to close positions manually then, of course.

What is to remove in the MT5 version to let the trades open?

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
Maybe there is a bug in the code (MT5). I started it for different symbols in D1 chart. It works in the most cases but for one symbol it opened 3 orders per direction.

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
For using the EA on D1 time frame there is another problem when it runs on a account with a Sunday bar (for example Active Trades) because orders will be made after the start of the week and a short time later again when the monday period begins. And the monday trades will use the one (or few) hour(s) sunday range for SL and money managment.
Is there a possibillity to ignore the Sunday bar and to let trade the EA on Monday first?

mhq

Trader
Dec 13, 2013
Im testing this EA on Dow30 stock CFDs, weekly and think that it would be useful not only to continue the trade on the next week(s) provided you are in gain, but the original stop loss should be changed as a trailing stop.
As an example, you go long, week ends with a 2% gain, the original stop loss will be moved to the previous week candle LOW (high if you went short). That's way you are able to catch strong trending markets. Hope someone can modify this EA in this way.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
For using the EA on D1 time frame there is another problem when it runs on a account with a Sunday bar (for example Active Trades) because orders will be made after the start of the week and a short time later again when the monday period begins. And the monday trades will use the one (or few) hour(s) sunday range for SL and money managment.
Is there a possibillity to ignore the Sunday bar and to let trade the EA on Monday first?

This EA is not intended to be run on D1, it is for Weekly timeframe only.

Im testing this EA on Dow30 stock CFDs, weekly and think that it would be useful not only to continue the trade on the next week(s) provided you are in gain, but the original stop loss should be changed as a trailing stop.
As an example, you go long, week ends with a 2% gain, the original stop loss will be moved to the previous week candle LOW (high if you went short). That's way you are able to catch strong trending markets. Hope someone can modify this EA in this way.

There are too many ways to add TS to this EA. Since my tests did not suggest that it will add a definite and clear benefit, I leave this feature unimplemented. The EA operates on a weekly timeframe, so there should be nothing difficult in moving the stop-loss manually, using any TS rule you deem appropriate.

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012

For this trade managment maybe it makes sense to use the MT5 version. I think the trade will be closed after a pending order in the opposite direction is triggered.

@Enivid
Will the EA use the brokers minimum lot size when the MM calculated lot size is smaller?

hugo

Trader
Jun 14, 2012
@Enivid

Thank you for your answers!
Did you tested the EA in different charts simultanly?
Looks like the MT4 version has problems mith too many charts. I miss some orders. Do you know the problem? Whats the recomned number of charts per account/MT4?