Volume sum between two vertical lines

PaulVic

Master Trader
May 26, 2016
Midlands, UK
Hi there
I am after an indicator that can sum volume (or rather ticks) between two vertical lines and give a sum value on the screen that changes as you move the lines. Often the volume across a top or a bottom can be significant but difficult/ time consuming to compare/sum in time before a relevant action needs to be taken.
The attached brilliant indicator "VP range v6.ex4" almost does it but being "volume at price" gives a graphical representation at the side, which is great, but what i am after is two moveable vertival lines and a sum value. I have also include the VP indicator incase anyone finds it useful. Unfortunatly these are ex4 files which I belive means the coding cannot be read.
(note on the range indicator, three vertical lines will be drawn all vertical, a dotted red one which shows where the records are available from given the time frame chosen in the options of the indicator, a vertical blue and red dashed line which shows the points between which the VAP is drawn )
can anyone help please.
many thanks Paul

Attachments

• VP-Range-v6.ex4
    52.1 KB · Views: 36
  • VP-v6.ex4
    51.3 KB · Views: 32

PaulVic

Master Trader
May 26, 2016
Midlands, UK
that would be much appreciated if you could, I would not have a clue who else to ask!
If you need better explanation identifying what it is i am looking for please let me know.
thanks again, Paul

PS, if you want any Wyckoff related PDFs for your library let me know.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Although I wouldn't recommend using tick volume to anyone, I have finally coded this indicator. You can download the version for MT4 or for MT5 from this post's attachments.

Using this indicator is very easy - just drag the lines and the volume sum is recalculated automatically:
Volume-Between-Vertical-Lines.gif

Attachments

• VolumeBetweenVerticalLines.mq4
    15.8 KB · Views: 24
  • VolumeBetweenVerticalLines.mq5
    16.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 👍
Reactions: PaulVic and jagg

PaulVic

Master Trader
May 26, 2016
Midlands, UK
Although I wouldn't recommend using tick volume to anyone, I have finally coded this indicator. You can download the version for MT4 or for MT5 from this post's attachments.

Using this indicator is very easy - just drag the lines and the volume sum is recalculated automatically:
View attachment 14754
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant, and spot on, cant thank you enough, so easy to use. I understand what you mean regarding tick volumes but this does the job excellently... Have another idea regarding tick volume to identify buying/ selling pressure, will see if i can put it down in writing. Again great, many thanks, Paul