Trends trading

masonlee

Trader
Sep 11, 2013
Hi all,

Anybody can point me to the right direction on how to estimate when a downtrend or uptrend is coming?

Mostly i am trading in M30 chart, quite many of the times i catch the wrong trend or sometime the price does not move too much and it has no trend at all.

So, it made me either lose money or have very little profit or no profit at all.

Are there any symptoms when a big trend is coming soon?

Thanks in advance.

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
Mostly i am trading in M30 chart,

//-----

hey mason..... big trends are difficult to see on the 30 minute chart..... they are best seen in the 240 and up timeframes......

as too when they are coming, that's anybodys guess...... it seems to work best for me when watching the pairs in groups to better see the particular currency's basic strength or weakness......

as they all, or most, turn the same color it's usually a good indication that they are moving in a 'trendy' direction......

look at the jpy pairs in the 30 minute chart below...... after 12 bars, 6 hours, the usdjpy turned..... slowly followed suit by the rest......

as you expaned the number of bars, we are just lookin at 21 here, you can better see the trends, if any exist......

but again, the best trends are on the 240 and up.....h

//-----

Attachments

• imacd.png
    imacd.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 129

masonlee

Trader
Sep 11, 2013
//-----

hey mason..... big trends are difficult to see on the 30 minute chart..... they are best seen in the 240 and up timeframes......

as too when they are coming, that's anybodys guess...... it seems to work best for me when watching the pairs in groups to better see the particular currency's basic strength or weakness......

as they all, or most, turn the same color it's usually a good indication that they are moving in a 'trendy' direction......

look at the jpy pairs in the 30 minute chart below...... after 12 bars, 6 hours, the usdjpy turned..... slowly followed suit by the rest......

as you expaned the number of bars, we are just lookin at 21 here, you can better see the trends, if any exist......

but again, the best trends are on the 240 and up.....h

//-----

Thanks for the good idea.:) Now i am trading by looking at higher time frames as well for the pair that i trade. Can you teach me how to generate the diagram for the movement of all pairs just like the screenshot that you posted?

Thanks again.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Hi all,

Anybody can point me to the right direction on how to estimate when a downtrend or uptrend is coming?

Mostly i am trading in M30 chart, quite many of the times i catch the wrong trend or sometime the price does not move too much and it has no trend at all.

So, it made me either lose money or have very little profit or no profit at all.

Thanks in advance.

As hayseed said, look at bigger time frames for bigger trends. In the end there is no substitute for experience and should forex trading be right for you than you will learn over time and through making mistakes.

masonlee

Trader
Sep 11, 2013
As hayseed said, look at bigger time frames for bigger trends. In the end there is no substitute for experience and should forex trading be right for you than you will learn over time and through making mistakes.

Thanks for the advice.

Now i found that looking at different time frames for multiple pairs is actually quite tiring and i have to keep switching from chart to chart to confirm the trend of certain currency.

Do you have any indicator that can show the trends for multiple time frames and also multiple pairs together in the same chart?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Do you have any indicator that can show the trends for multiple time frames and also multiple pairs together in the same chart?

I don't use indicators and trade price action. Forex is hard work and if you think an analysis is too tiring or too much to do then maybe you should not trade.

Too many new traders thing it is very easy to trade which is not the case. There is no indicator who will tell you what you are looking for and you need to be able to determine those things. Learning those things can take years.