trend trading

hayseed

Master Trader
Jul 27, 2010
usa
it's easy for me see when my trades are going with the trend..... my balance is rising..... it's easy to see when my trades are going against the trend...... my balance is falling.....

trends, or lack of, are easy to see in the charts history..... but knowing what today or this week might bring is more difficult...... that takes work....

odds are you know someone, perhaps yourself, that can rattle off every team of some sport along with every team member and all sorts of statistics on dozens and dozens players with ease..... wins, losses, injuries, arrest records...... they can cluck and cackle on for hours on end with 100% accuracy about past games and players from years ago.....

anyone serious about trading better take those sports fanatics obsession in details to heart...... with only a couple dozen pairs that are widely traded, it should be relatively easy to know every stat needed to stay on the right side of the trade.....

the hard part is waiting for what you believe is next in coming...... this thread hopefully show how.....h
eurusd-mn1-oanda-division1-43200

Last edited:

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Of course, trendy market is always my favorite because I get my TP’s so easily! But honestly, these types of market scenarios are not available here & there; but I always wait for this kind of movements.

trend trading is an illusion

great trend traders like famous turtle trader reportedly lost $10 million,[8] with a total of $50 million reportedly lost in 1987–1988.[2] In 1990 his firm settled investor complaints of his failure to follow his own rules, for over $2.5 million, without admitting or denying any wrongdoing.[9] He also managed funds for some time in the mid and late 1990s, closing these operations after losses in the summer of 2000.

$50 million losses in 1987 million in today's terms is around $200m to $300m

J_C_Anderson

Trader
Aug 15, 2018
Trend trading is better for stocks, as they can form strong trends after positive earnings results or important news release. There you can get perfect risk-revard ratio. The trend can last for several weeks or even months, that is why trend trading seems interesting there.
But the is another situation at Forex, so the trend trading approach isn`t so good here.

Trend trading is better for stocks, as they can form strong trends after positive earnings results or important news release. There you can get perfect risk-revard ratio. The trend can last for several weeks or even months, that is why trend trading seems interesting there.
But the is another situation at Forex, so the trend trading approach isn`t so good here.

it is same for everything

Edith1995

Oct 5, 2018
Absolutely, unless you are an experienced trader trading reversals, make the trend your friend. Do not go against the trend.