Thoughts on G-20

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
The G-20 is often criticized for existing and many compare it as nothing more than an unofficial club with no real membership requirements which therefore makes it void to many who simply don’t care what happens during the G-20 summit.

I think they are similar to the UN just with even less to say and things they discuss are simply not relevant as there is no real execution. I read about the G-20 Summit over at Paxforex where they give a quick insight about who or what the G-20 is.

I think they are less powerful and influential than they think they are, but what are your thoughts? Do you care about the G-20 summit and does it have any influence on you as a trader?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
No, not much from G 20 however, would pay more attention to BRICS, and the last news from that section is the setting up of a global bank and the start up fee - $100 billion.
G 20 can actually be trimmed down to just G 10, or G12 but BRICS is the one you need to watch out for, assuming they can start formulating more cohesive policies..

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I agree with you, BRICS are more relevant than the G-20 and I think they will act much quicker and more efficient than anything the G-20 will come up with.

JohnyStan

Trader
Sep 16, 2013
Evntually G20 will have to go down to lower "G". The contries there are too different. They mostly talk instead of acting. Looks like Poland in the end of 17XX

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I agree with you, BRICS are more relevant than the G-20 and I think they will act much quicker and more efficient than anything the G-20 will come up with.
What do you mean by that? All BRICS countries are members of G20, while BRICS itself is not an organization - just a short name for the list of 5 countries.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
What do you mean by that? All BRICS countries are members of G20, while BRICS itself is not an organization - just a short name for the list of 5 countries.

Of course they are all members of G-20, but when BRICS has their own summit they agree on something and act, carry it out. They don't need to be an official anything or registered somewhere. They understand what matters and execute what they agree as BRICS which makes their efforts as part of G-20 even less important to them.