What are your views on emerging markets currencies?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
As most are aware, emerging markets have suffered as of late which reflects in their currencies (with the exception of the Chinese Yuan). I don’t know how many of you trade emerging market currencies or even have access to them, but what do you think about them?

The Indian Rupee seems one of the hardest hit currencies and as in the western, developed world the central bank has no clue what they are doing which only adds to the problem. Investors neither trust the central bank nor the government which means they are pricing in a heavy recession. One of the analysts over at Paxforex wrote an interesting piece about emerging markets currencies and how Chinese banks are masking risky loans.

Do you think it is only a matter of time until bigger cracks will appear in China?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
My thought about emerging markets' currencies is that it is probably a good idea to find the ones that did not fall recently and go short on them. It is likely that the only thing that kept them afloat was their central bank support. Once it is gone, the market force will pull the currency down vs. USD and JPY.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
My thought about emerging markets' currencies is that it is probably a good idea to find the ones that did not fall recently and go short on them. It is likely that the only thing that kept them afloat was their central bank support. Once it is gone, the market force will pull the currency down vs. USD and JPY.

That may be true, but I would currently look at buying opportunities at least short term. It all depends on your time horizon and strategy.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
How can one hope to break into the first 11 of the forex without an appropriate knowledge of the dribbling tactics of the market? And when they concede on a currency match, they scream at the regulatory NFA and her sisters accusing brokers of greedy market fixing. Thus the NFA brandishes unregulated brokers of being evil financial ENGINEERS who SCREW up their clients. But we must admit that it is not necessarily up to brokers to offer their clients extra-curricular classes of forex education, a client should first OPEN his head to some basic forex knowledge before OPENing his purse to a dealer.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
We always blame unregulated brokers of fraud; now let’s assume their unregulated shoes. You see some Bill Gate’s cousin in the market parading careless and ignorant wads of dollars about when you have a bag of mouths to feed. Won’t you engage in ‘forex-HYGIENE’ and RECYCLE this money to hands who know its worth? Even a regulated broker will regulate (cut) his virtues and help himself to a ‘Legal-theft’ of this free money. Forex regulation is unnecessary, it is a massive forex-ignorance regulation that is officially necessary.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
How can one hope to break into the first 11 of the forex without an appropriate knowledge of the dribbling tactics of the market? And when they concede on a currency match, they scream at the regulatory NFA and her sisters accusing brokers of greedy market fixing. Thus the NFA brandishes unregulated brokers of being evil financial ENGINEERS who SCREW up their clients. But we must admit that it is not necessarily up to brokers to offer their clients extra-curricular classes of forex education, a client should first OPEN his head to some basic forex knowledge before OPENing his purse to a dealer.

We always blame unregulated brokers of fraud; now let’s assume their unregulated shoes. You see some Bill Gate’s cousin in the market parading careless and ignorant wads of dollars about when you have a bag of mouths to feed. Won’t you engage in ‘forex-HYGIENE’ and RECYCLE this money to hands who know its worth? Even a regulated broker will regulate (cut) his virtues and help himself to a ‘Legal-theft’ of this free money. Forex regulation is unnecessary, it is a massive forex-ignorance regulation that is officially necessary.

I am not sure how this has anything to do with the discussion, but thanks for hijacking my thread with this. My advice is that you start a new thread about your topic so it is better organized.