The Most Important Goal in Trading

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
“Being profitable in the long run with trading, and all investing for that matter, is about cutting losses and letting profits run. Although it’s a hearsay thing of ages, statistical expectancy actually proofs the saying mathematical. It’s not about being right or wrong but handling both profits and losses well.” – Dirk Vandycke

Whether you’re a beginner trader or an experienced trader, you need to know that the most important goal in trading is the permanent safety of your capital. When the fund in your account is gone, what can you use to make additional transactions? You’ll need to replenish the account or open another one. But when the fund in your account is intact – no matter the vagaries of the markets – there’ll come some periods when you’ll make profits. Profits come on existing accounts, not defunct accounts.

Sadly, too many people are obsessed with making money that they forget or neglect the principles that can keep their account safe. One great piece of advice is attributed to the Oracle of Omaha. He said that there are two trading rules: 1.) Don’t lose your money! 2). Never forget rule one! Honestly, there’s nothing more important in trading than the rules above. All other rules are secondary.

You mayn’t want to agree with me over this. Many people may be making noises in forums and other social community places for traders, saying that there are other things that are more important than the fact above. But bear it in mind that anybody can say anything about the market, and you don’t need to be a guru, or have a fancy university degree, or show your muscle or be a rational person before you can voice your opinions about the markets. All you need is to have a big mouth, and you’ll get more and more followers. In reality, most of the ‘big mouths’ are being forced shut when the market shows them its true color.

The vagaries of the markets aren’t a curse, but they’re rather a blessing that enables us to make gains in the markets. The only thing the market can do is to move sideways, up or down. This truth will ever remain timeless, and therefore, those who know how to anticipate the moves would be victorious.

No matter what your aims and ambitions are as a trader, the most important thing you can bear in mind is the safety of your portfolio. This goal is not difficult to achieve, provided you know how to go about it. Some of our future articles will explain how the goal can be realized.

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
For me the most important target would be to remain in the market for long run. No matter what is the ROI... may be as low as 30-40% a year only but in long run with compound growth money can really flourish whereas quick profits with huge risks can make you quick money but also can push you out of the market in volatile conditions.

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
I think the main goal for every trader must be to learn the basics of forex first and get good money management to trade successfully. Then you can achieve your every goal in the forex and can make good money.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I do agree that safety of our capital is important goal, but I also believe that since we decided to enter the forex market and became a traders our goal should be reaching the consistency in order to became profitable in a long term. If a trader reach the consistency that means he or she is profitable on long term (this automatically means the trading capital is safe).

mactou

Trader
Jul 5, 2014
Every trader that involve in a trade aim is to make profit or lot of money. And to achieve that goal of making profit you need a plan of action on how to achieve that goal in step by step manner. As you achieve your realistic goal it will grow your confidence which will reflect on your profit.

mainrobert

Trader
Jul 7, 2014
Italy
proptradingfutures.com
The most important goal in trading is to keep trading for your all life. All other things come with that. Too many traders for one reason or the other end up prematurelly in this business. Our capital is never save in a trading account. We should strive to preserve it and grow it smartly.

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
The most important Goal for all traders is Maximizing Profit and Minimizing loss. I mean, making money is what Forex is all about. No one comes into this world without a winning mind set. The Goal should be to maintain such a positive altitude and make consistent profit for as long as possible.

Osama600

Trader
Jul 7, 2014
Pakistan
the most important goal is to take profit and earn but here it is impossible if you are new and using forex without learning and experience then it is impossible

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
The main motto of a trader or a person who is thinking to get into the market is money involved in it. money is the primary motivator of traders.

asad200947

Trader
Aug 6, 2014
as my point of veaw the first and very important thing is that the trader have to do practice in demo account first this is a very important part ..

Assassins11

Trader
Aug 11, 2014
the goal for trading should be set for what are u trading for !!
as most of the trader does not set their targets before trading so they fail as well, when you know your goal , u can easily make your decisions for closing your trades...
me my self always set the daily targets, which i can achieve easily without any risk loosing my earned profit...

toretton

Trader
Aug 9, 2014
Italy, Milano
Additional income to the main one. Who knows what life'll bring us and maybe you can lose your job. Well...I seem a little bit pessimistic over here but still someday when I retire (or if i'll lose my job - hell no) i will make trading my main profession so now I am just training to see how much money it can bring.