Should we trade under pressure?

Callagy20

Trader
Jul 24, 2015
It is not really advisable for traders to trade under pressure. This is because the forex is a technical expertise for which the trader needs the best of his calm when drafting his trading strategy- as regards what timeframes or charts to use; what technical instruments to use. It is traders who trade without a strategy that comes under pressure when in an open position; this is because they have not decided when to sell their position when prices go against them.

GlodexFX

Jun 19, 2015
We aren't machines without emotions, unless you are Iron Giant, pressure is something you will always have to face in the forex market unless of course you have already made it. It's about minimising those emotions I feel, and do what your head tells you is right.

wisdom

Jul 29, 2015
Trading under pressure is no advisable .In forex you need clarity and focus to make wise decision and so when under pressure it is better to stop trading so as not go into huge loss.

olivine

Trader
May 21, 2015
I do not like to trade under pressure , we can not decide well in this mental state. Why should we keep ourself in risk when forex is giving us freedom of trading . We can avail any other time for trading when we had no pressure. Try to remain normal when you are going to trade in forex market.

Sarah12

Aug 12, 2015
Trading under pressure would only end you up in losses,Pressure all comes down to emotions which must be controlled as mentioned in most of the threads here.When the urge of pressure turns on,find something relaxing to do instead of putting all the fists and anger and energy into trading.I listen to music when I feel pressured,and believe me it helps :)

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
Forex trading itself is a very pressure game. So any kind or type of additional pressure will only decrease your trading performance. The best way is to trade only when you feel you are calm and cool.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Pressure is inevitable negative effect from trading we can't eliminate it at all just succeed in coping with it. I think reducing a number of trades can help you to erode pressure as well. As for me I only make 2-3 days daily to avoid overtrading or overtension.

The best and only way to fight emotions in trading is to use a well defined strategy. For entry and exit points, as well as for money management.
If you do it, all you need to do is to follow its rules and never deviate from it. You should never be in a situation when you are not sure what to do, as this is when irrational and emotions take place.

• 👍
Reactions: Enivid

DariusFX

Sep 30, 2015
People handle pressure differently, some crack under it whilst others thrive. I certainly fall somewhere in between, depending on the trade, but I'm learning to handle it better.

Oct 11, 2015
That is very true, but I think that you will always have that pressure. One way that can help you though is the demo accounts that you can make. That way you can brush up on the different ways to trade and see what ones work for you. I know that I did it and it really helped me out in the long run. I think that those are so important because the more that you use them, the more used to the trading that you get. The only problem with them is that some people start to get too used to them and think they will get the same results when they start doing it live again. That is something that you don't want, because it won't be the same when you're doing it live again..

Helloyees

Trader
Mar 8, 2019
What actually causes pressure in trading is the desire to make more money than you really can because of greed. If you learn to control your emotions well, you'll not be be facing any kind of pressure at all. Trading under pressure is not good for your bank account... you'll only realise when the damage is done

Dictorsto

Trader
Dec 23, 2018
If you are feeling pressured, try to figure out what is the reason for that. It will help you to understand better how pressure is influencing your trading outcome. Try to fix it by making some changes in your either trading strategy either in setting lower targets

mandy828

Jul 9, 2019
Forex trading can be a very stressful activity at times. The main problem is that whether a trade goes for you or against you, it can affect your emotions in a profound way. Trading under any kind of pressure can lead us to making lot of bad decisions and losing our account.

Yes, i agree that trading can get stressful at times but despite the fact that trading is one of the most stressful careers in the world,many choose to trade for joy and ecstasy. Trading under pressure is not a good idea at all so it is better to take sound decisions,avoid revenge trading, apply mind instead of logic and be optimistic simply.

Adam Jackson

Trader
Jun 15, 2019
With the aim of choosing trading approach today’s trader must be more cautions than before. Since today’s changes in world economy is forcing the whole monetary system to change. Every stakeholder associated with financial markets by this means should try to be opportune, right in decision making and be careful with your trading approach so that you can work with the suitable thing that will allow you to be a real winner here.

Adam Jackson

Trader
Jun 15, 2019
With the aim of choosing trading approach today’s trader must be more cautions than before. Since today’s changes in world economy is forcing the whole monetary system to change. Every stakeholder associated with financial markets by this means should try to be opportune, right in decision making and be careful with your trading approach so that you can work with the suitable thing that will allow you to be a real winner here.