Should we trade under pressure?

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by Rambo35, Apr 28, 2014.

1. georgequayle

georgequayle Trader

No, will force you into bad trades

2. REB_FX

REB_FX Trader

Trading under any kind of pressure is a bad idea really and should be avoided

3. Kwasi Kisiedu

Kwasi Kisiedu Trader

You should never trade under pressure. If your trading edge is not present on the market dont trade. It's as simple as that.

REB_FX likes this.
  4. Glastonburyk

Glastonburyk Trader

It’s like anything in life, when you are very experienced at something you can handle more difficult situations, stress is felt differently but don’t try to run before you can walk

5. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

Exactly. But experience sometimes comes with overconfidence.

6. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

Which can lead to "...making lot of bad decisions and losing our account.".;)

7. DT77

DT77 Trader

8. pippin

pippin Newbie

I think the question doesn't makes sense, trading (especially manual) is impossible without emotional pressure, because you have to make decisions that will either make you happy or disappointed. After all many traders find trading pleasurable, regardless of financial outcome and I think I support this view.

9. Ann

Ann Active Trader

I do not trade if there is no mood. Sometimes I miss a good market. I don’t know if it is right or wrong. I just do not have the strength at such moments.

10. Ary Barroso

Ary Barroso Active Trader

That’s the best practice; your brain will be unable to response when you are not okay!

11. Yes definitely

12. Ary Barroso

Ary Barroso Active Trader

Well; then how do you control this pressure?

13. momo3HC

momo3HC Active Trader

Of course you can but the question is how useful this can be.

14. georgequayle

georgequayle Trader

exactly

15. walpants

walpants Trader

no, trading under pressure or while stressed is a recipe for disaster imo, only trade with money you can comfortable afford to loose other wise that will put pressure on you, pressure and stress will only lead to bad decisions, if i have things on my mind weather its trading related or not i do not trade

16. TJ Forex

TJ Forex Trader

Never trade under pressure, sure fire way to lose

17. How can you alleviate pressure though?

18. hakuna matata

hakuna matata Newbie

Well i agree with most traders here. Trading under pressure is a bad idea. Whenever i feel that uneasiness/pressure i rather close my laptop and not trade for that day to avoid any wrong decision and regret later. When you know you are not in the best state of your mind obviously decisions would not be rational hence take a break.

Grant Moore likes this.
  19. DT77

DT77 Trader

By having confidence in your strategy

20. walpants

walpants Trader

It’s difficult because it’s our money we are putting in the line but I guess the trick is to detach yourself as much as you can from the money and don’t use money you need!