Should we trade under pressure?

georgequayle

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
Forex trading can be a very stressful activity at times. The main problem is that whether a trade goes for you or against you, it can affect your emotions in a profound way. Trading under any kind of pressure can lead us to making lot of bad decisions and losing our account.
No, will force you into bad trades

Glastonburyk

Trader
Feb 3, 2019
The best way is to avoid the pressure but if it comes, then you better be prepared for it.
It’s like anything in life, when you are very experienced at something you can handle more difficult situations, stress is felt differently but don’t try to run before you can walk

momo3HC

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
It’s like anything in life, when you are very experienced at something you can handle more difficult situations, stress is felt differently but don’t try to run before you can walk
Exactly. But experience sometimes comes with overconfidence.

pippin

Trader
Jul 16, 2019
I think the question doesn't makes sense, trading (especially manual) is impossible without emotional pressure, because you have to make decisions that will either make you happy or disappointed. After all many traders find trading pleasurable, regardless of financial outcome and I think I support this view.

Ann

Active Trader
Mar 4, 2018
I do not trade if there is no mood. Sometimes I miss a good market. I don’t know if it is right or wrong. I just do not have the strength at such moments.

walpants

Trader
Feb 10, 2019
no, trading under pressure or while stressed is a recipe for disaster imo, only trade with money you can comfortable afford to loose other wise that will put pressure on you, pressure and stress will only lead to bad decisions, if i have things on my mind weather its trading related or not i do not trade

Jul 22, 2019
no, trading under pressure or while stressed is a recipe for disaster imo, only trade with money you can comfortable afford to loose other wise that will put pressure on you, pressure and stress will only lead to bad decisions, if i have things on my mind weather its trading related or not i do not trade
How can you alleviate pressure though?

hakuna matata

Aug 3, 2019
Well i agree with most traders here. Trading under pressure is a bad idea. Whenever i feel that uneasiness/pressure i rather close my laptop and not trade for that day to avoid any wrong decision and regret later. When you know you are not in the best state of your mind obviously decisions would not be rational hence take a break.

• 👍
Reactions: Grant Moore