SCRIPTS

nekojfx

Trader
Apr 15, 2014
I've tried getting an answer to this question but I still don't get it.
I tried applying script to the chart, it looked like an EA except that it does not do anything... I pressed allow live trading and everything, but nothing still..
I actually found some info in the MT4 platform help section.. and it's still not clear to me.. the thing that bothers me most is that i tried applying it to the chart but it does not do anything, so I can not figure it out from looking at the chart.... :/
p.s. I'm using the default scripts that come with the MT4 platform (pipes and DLL under examples)

HELP:confused:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
DLLSampleTester script tries to load a sample DLL that is bundled with MT4 and call some test functions from it. The sole purpose of the script is to check whether everything is OK with DLL calling on the PC. You can see the script's output in the Experts tab.

PipeClient script is a bit more complex - it is created for testing "pipes" - special buffers maintained by the OS to exchange data between several programs or scripts.

TL;DR: You probably don't need any of those example scripts.

The main difference between MT4 scripts and MT4 EAs/Indicators is that usually they run a limited period of time (normally very short) and are used do some calculations or create some chart objects.