Thoughts on MT5?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I wanted to ask you guys what your opinion is on MT5? I have tried it, and I must say that in general I do not like it the least bit. I wonder why MT decided to take a decent platform (MT4) and turned it into something of lesser value? Has anyone else tried the platform?

While most retail traders still trade on MT4 and will likely do so for a bit longer I begin to wonder if everyone will eventually be forced to migrate over to MT5. I hope they will continue to work on MT5 and improve it as I am sure they will lose business if they do not. Of course MT creates platforms for brokers, but brokers need to offer a platform traders like to use which I think they have done a pretty good job with MT4.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
The way MT5 is right now its far far away from the next best thing.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Funny enough, most traders, including brokers still prefer the MT4 to the MT5. I'm one of them, for I believe the MT4 could be updated and upgraded as often as possible. MT5 is a kinda not suitable for me.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Funny enough, most traders, including brokers still prefer the MT4 to the MT5. I'm one of them, for I believe the MT4 could be updated and upgraded as often as possible. MT5 is a kinda not suitable for me.

It is not funny, it is normal. MT5 has been modified for US traders and according to US regulations and nobody else will subscribe to it. Should MT force everyone to MT5 they will go out of business.