Restrain your emotions

SweetPrincess

Trader
May 9, 2017
Excitement, greed and fear are some of the things that must be avoided and have no place in a trader's calculations so it is advisable to start with small amounts for investment.
Traders are human beings that we have to find a way of living with emotions, we must control them and minimize their effects on our lives.

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
You are right, traders need to avoid their greed and emotions during their trading! In this case, trading with a specific plan is very important! If a trader follows his trading plan so sincerely, then he might be not face huge damage of his trading capital, no doubt greed is very common problem here.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Excitement, greed and fear are some of the things that must be avoided and have no place in a trader's calculations so it is advisable to start with small amounts for investment.
Traders are human beings that we have to find a way of living with emotions, we must control them and minimize their effects on our lives.

Trading plan is perfect way to control your emotions. I trade only according to trading plan so it a kind of planned gains or losses which don't generate emotions and force me to make mistakes.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
This is way, I think traders need to have a particular trading strategy! Without a particular trading strategy success is really impossible! I see, many new traders crash their balance since, since they don’t know the way of controlling emotions in trading.

Rickie

Trader
Jan 3, 2018
Aha. Invest only amount that you can earn for 1 month after loss and not more. So, to be more comfortable we have to improve our real income. More income (except trading and speculations), more abilities to invest money. Make your money!

hakuna matata

Aug 3, 2019
I totally agree with you . Avoiding emotions at all cost is my golden rule in trading. Emotions can affect our trades so much that the true benefits of trading can not be reaped if we let motions rule trading. Emotions and greed should be avoided asit will help traders to close better deals, stay positive in the market , identify and choose the best investment or trading opportunities , limit losses and stay calm.Hence , traders if you want to see yourself as a successful trader in coming years learn to control your emotions.

• 👍
Reactions: {0v0}

{0v0}

Trader
Dec 12, 2016
EU
Please do let me know all this things and how YOU do it, I would love to hear.

My way is to only enter trades according to a method with a proven positive edge over time and on a set-and-forget basis. And not to sit watching the price fluctuating in between. Each trade either profits or loses, but over time the former prevail - and no stress or emotional clutter!

momo3HC

Active Trader
Feb 16, 2019
Aha. Invest only amount that you can earn for 1 month after loss and not more. So, to be more comfortable we have to improve our real income. More income (except trading and speculations), more abilities to invest money. Make your money!
No. Invest only this, which one you can afford to lose.

Baazex

Trader
Oct 28, 2019
Its nature and we all have the human tendency to be overtaken by emotions. When we screw up we have a feeling of loss, and even a sense of denial. We wish we could undo the mistake. Going through such a thought process is understandable. It is what you do about it that matters quitting is not an option Successful traders learn to keep emotions under control. Emotionally driven trading decisions lead to trading losses. It's imperative that you do whatever you can to prevent your emotions from interfering with your ability to trade calmly and purposefully.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Its nature and we all have the human tendency to be overtaken by emotions. When we screw up we have a feeling of loss, and even a sense of denial. We wish we could undo the mistake. Going through such a thought process is understandable. It is what you do about it that matters quitting is not an option Successful traders learn to keep emotions under control. Emotionally driven trading decisions lead to trading losses. It's imperative that you do whatever you can to prevent your emotions from interfering with your ability to trade calmly and purposefully.
Initially it’s really tough to check emotions & greed; but experience helps a lot! So new traders shouldn’t be panic.

fxdan

Trader
Dec 2, 2019
Emotions will continue to rule 80% of Traders, Until your mind starts operating like a computer, creating your personal trading and ability to follow it without second thought

Mofyn

Trader
Nov 4, 2019
I cannot but agree that emotions are the main enemies of a trader who really wants to earn money. How many times have each of us been in a situation where panic or excitement was more important than common sense and all we were interested in at the moment was how to save our money or earn more. And every time you think that you will never let such a situation happen again and you will always follow the rules, but then it repeats again and you just walk in a vicious circle. I don't know how others cope with it, but only experience has become my assistant in this situation. Besides, it's really tiring for you and it even takes you some time to calm down and get on with your work.

Stonegrove

Dec 10, 2019
People who engage in trading should certainly be able to control themselves and not give in to any emotions in order to achieve a positive result.