relative currency strength trades

ronald123

Trader
Feb 24, 2013
Currency Strength Sorted.mq4

brief explanation of the Currency Strength Sorted.mq4 in first post.....

it should work on both ibfx standard and mini accounts along with most metatrader platforms with other brokers..... as far as brokers with odd symbols, it will not work......

it's a non trade producing ea..... it goes in the experts folder..... it does not require any indicator.....

it's based on semsem's indicators..... all credit should go to him......

the trade producing version will follow...... but not until i'm satisfied with it.....

//---

there are a couple math methods used in his indicators..... i broadly separate them into the method using (-1) and the method not using (-1)..... this is the reason you'll see different values between indicators.....

i have chosen to use the (-1) method which is encoded into the ea..... so no icustom is calling any indicator.....

it sorts the values on each timeframe..... provides indications based on those values..... a new buy or new sell is displayed on a cross of the lines..... otherwise the relationship of the lines is displayed with buy or sell..... not meaning to buy or sell anything.....
//----
important note on the audio alerts...... i trade strictly from multi symbol multi timeframe ea's attached to one chart..... most will know what that means, but for those that do not, it means from a single chart the ea's can place trades on every symbol on every time frame.....

usually, i will have alerts for every timeframe, 15 minute up , on every pair..... usually i run them on the 15 minute chart..... as you might imagine unless restricted they can be annoying..... so i limit them to only 1 per charts timeframe.....

the Currency Strength Sorted probably will work best on a 15 minute chart.....

while playing with the kids at christmas, i put in the rotating colors on newbuys/sells..... like christmas lights..... so, merry christmas.....

//-----

as mentioned in the first post, this is far from finished and in no way meant to be taken as a stand alone reason to buy or sell..... it's just one piece in the thousand piece forex puzzle.............h

//----

Hi hayseed. Tremendous work you've put in here. I keep an eye on your post #1 for this 'Currency Strength Sorted.mq4'; hope you'll get it ready soon (if it's not too much trouble, maybe you could send me a quick pm when you put it there).

Thanks in advance!

Ronald