Planning For Google Discontinuation Of Less Secure Apps Access

bmkinyua

Trader
Dec 26, 2018
Hi System Traders,

For those who use Gmail SMTP to send email alerts for their EAs' notifications, what are your plans after 30th May 2022 when Google plans to stop 'Less Secure Apps Access' of Gmail. MT4 email sending depends on this currently.
Does anyone have a solution for this?

This is part of the email:

On 30 May, you may lose access to apps that are using less secure sign-in technology

rickberon

Jul 25, 2022
the feature “less secure apps” has been removed by Google recently. Hence, less secure apps feature will replace with Google Apps Password. Now if you are planning to access your Google Workspace or Gmail using third party apps. Then, you need to generate Google Apps password.

Steps to Create Google Apps Password

You need to turn on 2 step verification before generating apps password because this is mandatory.

Steps to Turn On 2 Step Verification

• Login to your Google account.
  • Choose Security option.
  • Now click on 2 Step Verification.
  • Enter your password and OTP to turn on 2 step verification.

Steps to Generate Google App Password

• Firstly, login to your Google Mail account.
  • After that, choose Security option.
  • Now choose App Password under security.
  • Enter your account’s password and press Next.
  • Thereafter, choose an App and Device accordingly.
  • Click on Generate button for creating 16 digit app password.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 👍
Reactions: martinakakase

martinakakase

Trader
Jun 9, 2023
Hey everyone! I stumbled upon this topic regarding Google's discontinuation of "Less Secure Apps Access" for Gmail, and it got me a little concerned. As a system trader relying on Gmail SMTP for email alerts from my EAs, I'm curious about your plans and if anyone has found a solution to this impending issue.

It's definitely a significant change, and it's essential for us to share our emotions and knowledge on this matter. Are you worried about the potential loss of access to certain apps? Have you explored alternative email sending methods or found workarounds to ensure uninterrupted email notifications from MT4?

Personally, I'm open to hearing about your experiences, suggestions, and any insights you might have. Let's pool our collective expertise together and brainstorm potential solutions to tackle this challenge effectively.