octafx review

taranjeet

Trader
Dec 24, 2013
Background

Trading forex is a global phenomenon. People in all markets are taking part in the action, and the brokerage community has expanded greatly to support this demand. OctaFX is one of this newer breeds of broker. Formed in 2011, OctaFX is registered in Saint Vincent and the Grenadines under license number 19776 IBC 2011, but it has operations in Jakarta, Indonesia, and provides services to its clients in over 100 countries around the world.

With so many new forex brokers on the market, how does one separate the good from the bad? One way is to find those that have received an award from an independent body in the industry. The Global Banking and Finance Review, an online portal that provides informative and independent news for the global banking and finance industry, recently recognized OctaFX as the “Fastest Growing Micro Forex Broker 2012”. Awards like these come after the hard work has been done to garner support from high quality delivery of all manner of services.

OctaFX is an STP (Straight Through Processing) ECN broker. This set up permits tight spreads, fast execution, no slippage and no re-quotes. The firm focuses on major currency pairs, but gold and silver may also be traded. They offer an array of account options, and their trading platform is the highly popular Metatrader4 downloadable version, supplemented with mobile capabilities. There are several promotional programs designed to attract your patronage, one being a 30% introductory bonus. From the CEO down to everyone on staff, “Perfectionism in its best sense, professionalism and goal-orientation is what distinguishes the OctaFX team.”

Visit OctaFX

Try Demo
Screenshot

Screenshot
Features

Why trade with OctaFX? Here are a few reasons:

No re-quotes – fast execution for this ECN is their trademark;
ECN Broker – No trading room in the background is trading against you;
Many Account Types – Four account types are offered, ranging from Micro to Mini for beginners, and to ECN for advanced traders and investors. A special IB (Introducing Broker) account is available for agent and reselling relationships;
Client Orientation – Customer service representatives work “24X5” to answer your queries and assist you with your every need;
Trading Platform – Why worry using proprietary software? OctaFX decided up front to utilize the most popular and widely used platform, Metatrader4 and its mobile extensions;
State of the Art Network – As a newer broker, OctaFX is not bound by legacy software and hardware. Their server network is based on the latest technology and highly trained technicians ensure that performance is both highly reliable and conducted in a secure fashion;
OctaFX offers low spreads from 0.2 pips and up to 1:500 leverage with micro-lots (0.01 size) available for everyone;
Segregated Accounts – Client deposits are always held in safe and secure accounts, segregated from the firm’s operating capital;
No Strategy Restrictions -- Scalping, hedging, trading on the news, and EAs are permitted at OctaFX. Trade as you want, when you want;
Swap-Free Accounts – Due to popular demand, OctaFX is now offering something new in the industry – a Swap-Free feature that may apply to all account classifications. No overnight charges will be applied to this account. Carry trades now become a cheaper long-term strategy;
Promotions – The firm is always conducting a contest or a new promotion for the benefit of its clients.

Visit OctaFX • Back to top
Platforms

Whether you want to trade from your desktop, laptop, or mobile device, OctaFX accommodates your needs with the latest technology from MetaTrader. Metatrader4 will also support your android, iphone, or any WinMobile OS compliant device. The latest in SSL protection routines, combined with 128-bit encryption, is used to keep your trading sessions secure and your personal information safe from the hacking community.

Deposits and Withdrawals

Deposit options include Bank Wire, Visa / MasterCard, Liberty Reserve, Perfect Money, Moneybookers, and CashU. Other domestic payment methods are being added from time to time. Your deposit may be in USD or EUR, and the minimum deposit is $5 for a Micro account balance. A typical withdrawal request takes one hour to process, and is followed by an email confirmation to ensure that no erroneous withdrawal requests can be deducted from your account. International anti-money laundering legislation requires that complete documentation must exist and that the recipient’s name matches the name on the account.

Customer Support

They have multilingual customer support, eager to help and available 24/5. The international customer support staff is highly skilled, had extended education and keeps on learning all the time. All the support operators are obliged to be examined once in every three months to show their skills’ compliance to the highest corporate quality standards. Their customer support team is all about fast response, efficient client assistance, politeness and professionalism. With this in mind, we have introduced a support office in Indonesia for our clients from this country.

Email, direct chat, and toll-free phone lines provide access.

The company also supplies market news, research, and a convenient economic calendar.

Conclusion

New forex brokers appear every week, but OctaFX, based on industry awards and favorable testimonials, looks like a cut above from the rest of the pack. As a small broker, they tend to be more aggressive at keeping their client base happy, and their STP ECN approach keeps spreads tight and re-quotes absent. Regulatory oversight is provided under local law, and paperwork has been submitted to obtain approval from the International Financial Services Authority (IFSA). OctaFX acts in full compliance with international legislation and regulation standards and is worthy of your consideration.

Best Features

Zero commission or fees

24/5 hour support

No requotes

True ECN broker

No restrictions for trading (scalping, hedging, news, EAs, etc)

No deposit bonus 8 usd

Shiek

Master Trader
Sep 11, 2014
To be honest I have been trading with OctaFX for last 18 months, but only after reading this wonderful stuff I was able to get to know them much deeper and also now I fully understand all the benefits. When I started it was due to been a true ECN broker and providing me the fastest execution of all trades without even requotes.

Now after reading I am surprised that there were so many benefits that I did not used like their 8 USD no deposit bonus, as I am huge fan of anything free because of the learning chance we get from there and also no restriction on scalping and news trading is great too. I will definitely use all this in future.