Newbie Question

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
I use about three, from Trader's Way to Alpari, each offers me something different. Yes, in a perfect world, the broker we select offers everything, from ECN to retail accounts with extremely competitive rates. But when it comes to reality, there's no such thing as perfect and it makes more sense to have more than one broker..

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
It depends more on what sort of trading you prefer and what instruments you want to trade in..
Some of the brokers offer multiple instruments, from currencies to carbon unites to trade with, where as others offer forex trading but with a different account format. You can stick with a single broker or use multiple ones, each providing you with something that the other one does not.

krecex

Trader
Oct 8, 2012
A newbie here with a question, as a trader does it make sense to have more than one broker?

My suggestions for newbie are:

Don't open more than one broker before you are good at trading. One thing that shows you are a good trader is, you can minimize the lost. The smaller amount you lost the trade, it shows you are good. Keep learning from others either through forums or free e-books.

Happy trading.

nalu

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Sep 3, 2014
Be confidence in trading can boost your effort and helps you to stick toyour trading plan but when a trader is overconfident it can lead to poor risk management and failure.

It is possible to have more than one broker. Sometimes it can be use in form of backup incase anything goes wrong when placing trade when the server is down then you can trade with another broker. But sometimes having more than one broker can lead to confusion and distraction.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Yes it does. It is smart thing to do. Having your money in several accounts can low the risk of losing all at once, and it will give you more flexibility with your money management.

toretton

Trader
Aug 9, 2014
Italy, Milano
Its good and smart thing to do is to choose the best from different brokers- like one has a great conditions for a mini accounts, other has good bonuses, other stuff. I was lucky enough to have all of it from my broker but still thinking about to deposit with other one just in case u know

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
Services of brokerage firms differs. You may not get all you want in one broker, which is one reason why traders have more than one trading account with various brokers. This is advantageous and acceptable.