Is it possible to trade without Emotions?

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
Hah, I'll top that -
Making money is easy - pay me $10,000 and I'll show you how it's done. The new trader pays up for the magic ecourse and Two weeks later, he gets a mail with the following message "Claim you are a (insert niche/market) guru, tell everyone that it is easy to make money, get them to give you their $$$$, hightail out of there and after 2 weeks, send them a mail listing the process.."
Moral of the story: If it is too easy, it just isn't worth your time..

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Hah, I'll top that -
Making money is easy - pay me $10,000 and I'll show you how it's done. The new trader pays up for the magic ecourse and Two weeks later, he gets a mail with the following message "Claim you are a (insert niche/market) guru, tell everyone that it is easy to make money, get them to give you their $$$$, hightail out of there and after 2 weeks, send them a mail listing the process.."
Moral of the story: If it is too easy, it just isn't worth your time..

Lol, nice suggestion Fxpipper

tamara

Trader
Apr 23, 2013
if you have enough experience it is posible trade without emotions….or you can trade by robots or automatic systems

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
I think, it possible to trade without emotions, since its not gambling though its closely related to poker.

ripon81

Trader
May 13, 2013
Forex is a sensitive business . In forex business there are no value of emotion . Emotion is harmful for trade. You can fail for your emotion.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
So, you are saying that there is no way to overcome emotions when trading. Well, that is true, emotions will always be present, but when it is present, the question is :who is in control? Life itself is like the waves of the sea, it moves up and down.

The fate of most people in the financial markets is the consequence of undue patience, coupled with inordinate avarice. Lack of patience in trading has led numerous traders to overleverage their portfolio excessively (instead of using high leverage judiciously) because they want to turn a small portfolio to 5-figure income as soon as possible. Newbies who make huge gains and huge losses are less happy than those who go for small losses, and consequently small profits. The use of small position sizing and safe risk control doesn’t appeal to those who want instant gratification. According to Clem Chambers, you should strive to get rich slowly rather than to get rich quickly. Looking for instant riches tends to satisfy human emotions, but it can lead to quick penury.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
The fate of most people in the financial markets is the consequence of undue patience, coupled with inordinate avarice. Lack of patience in trading has led numerous traders to overleverage their portfolio excessively (instead of using high leverage judiciously) because they want to turn a small portfolio to 5-figure income as soon as possible. Newbies who make huge gains and huge losses are less happy than those who go for small losses, and consequently small profits. The use of small position sizing and safe risk control doesn’t appeal to those who want instant gratification. According to Clem Chambers, you should strive to get rich slowly rather than to get rich quickly. Looking for instant riches tends to satisfy human emotions, but it can lead to quick penury.

Leverage had nothing to do with a trader losing their portfolio. Risk management and lack of knowledge, ignorance and demo accounts do.

Being emotional is a part of being human. But this emotion becomes one of the greatest problems for forex traders.It is easy to attain success in this trade, what is difficult is carrying forward this success.To deal with the problem, all you have to do is recognize your emotions. Once recognized, you can definitely overcome! The emotion can be greed, fear anything.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Being emotional is a part of being human. But this emotion becomes one of the greatest problems for forex traders.It is easy to attain success in this trade, what is difficult is carrying forward this success.To deal with the problem, all you have to do is recognize your emotions. Once recognized, you can definitely overcome! The emotion can be greed, fear anything.

Out of curiosity, who made you the top forex broker? It made me laugh :)

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Hi Rambo35,

It's just that i consider myself as one of the top forex broker and i know i will be one day. So thought why not keep the username as topforexbroker! It motivates me :)

Alright, it is just misleading to new traders who may actually think that you are an experienced trader, but then again that name may not be taken seriously at all. Thanks for clarifying.

okon2much

Banned
Mar 9, 2013
Forex is an international trade business so here many things to learn & and many rules have to know. So I think here no chance to be emotional. So keep away your emotion to do this business.

You think its possible to keep your emotions away? Emotions can rule every aspect of our lives, you can't keep it away. You can only control it. So might say auto trading is one way to control emotions, but not a way to trade without it. On my opinion, its not possible to trade without emotions.

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Emotions is always a part of everything we do in life. You need emotions to enjoy certain things you do. However, in forex, emotions can contribute to loss and at the same time contribute to gain. What do you think? is there a way to trade without emotions?

There’s no strategy that’ll work in all market types. A trend-following system will fail in a continuously ranging market. A scalping strategy would go kaput in a strongly trending market, especially when caught in a wrong direction. A buy-and –hold strategy would be deadly in bear markets. The key to scaling through all these is to know the type of the market you’re trading and the type of the strategy you can use for it, or you can use a strategy that works in most (but not all) market conditions. When you’re frustrated with a trading methodology, that’s when the markets are about to become favorable to it.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
We can not eliminate empotions from trading totally however we can control them . We can control our greed by setting appropraite goal , after getting this target we have to close positions even amarket is more in favor because any time our grred can put us in danger. If we are feared we should try to collect small profits to make our sefl confident.

FRX

Trader
May 23, 2013
Emotions always present when you trade or not to trade.As one emotion fades away and the next one is generated, so the ideas in a person’s mind automatically change. As my opinion you cannot stop your emotions but you can press them for the time being.Experience and knowledge can control emotions