Is it possible to trade without Emotions?

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Unless you have rock-solid discipline to follow signals from good traders or get coached by them or duplicate their trading styles, it would take you years to become a successful trader on your own.

sourcecodefx

Active Trader
May 15, 2013
Shanghai
www.myfxbook.com
No one is 100% rational person. When we trade manaully, we would add our emotional thoughts, which could affect our normal judgments. But I trade with my own profitable EA and the stability helps me win in the long run. 6-year ups and downs help me gain lots of experiences. Good luck.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
No one is 100% rational person. When we trade manaully, we would add our emotional thoughts, which could affect our normal judgments. But I trade with my own profitable EA and the stability helps me win in the long run. 6-year ups and downs help me gain lots of experiences. Good luck.

I slightly disagree. The way you trade manual without emotions is by doing all your research before you enter your trade, set all your levels before you enter your trade and not make adjustments once you enter your trade.

sourcecodefx

Active Trader
May 15, 2013
Shanghai
www.myfxbook.com
I slightly disagree. The way you trade manual without emotions is by doing all your research before you enter your trade, set all your levels before you enter your trade and not make adjustments once you enter your trade.

Yeah, I see. I think few trader can make no changes after they enter trades. We often make adjustments, which is affected by our emotions, and it usually result in loss.
I trade with my own EAs with manual control, but sometimes I make adjustments when necessary. Yeah, sometimes it's not good to make changes, but sometimes it's necessary.

Last edited:

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Yeah, I see. I think few trader can make no changes after they enter trades. We often make adjustments, which is affected by our emotions, and it usually result in loss.

That's what separates the good traders from the bad and why 98% fail.

profitsniper

Trader
Jun 8, 2013
UK
Emotions is always a part of everything we do in life. You need emotions to enjoy certain things you do. However, in forex, emotions can contribute to loss and at the same time contribute to gain. What do you think? is there a way to trade without emotions?

Who says emotions have to be bad?

Calmness is a emotion.

It is slightly ironic that in trading, and in life in general, we only have complete and utter control over one thing, and that is our thinking - yet this is the very thing that causes most traders problems.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada

Calmness is a emotion.

It is slightly ironic that in trading, and in life in general, we only have complete and utter control over one thing, and that is our thinking - yet this is the very thing that causes most traders problems.

I think you made an excellent point. People tend to focus on the negatives aspect only.

sourcecodefx

Active Trader
May 15, 2013
Shanghai
www.myfxbook.com
Calmness is a emotion.

Yeah, good post. Not all emotions are negative.
It's really our thoughts that matter.

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
It is very difficult to trade without emotions. I feel demo trading involves less emotions than real trading . The main thing is that we should aware where our emotions are dangerous in trading . they should not lead us to risky trading.

rwtc

Trader
Sep 14, 2013
www.rwtickchart.com
Only robots can trade without emotions. A human trader always has emotions and the most important question is if he can control his emotions. If somebody has enough experience, is confident in his strategy and sticks to his money management rules, he might be on the level where he can overcome his emotions because he knows that on the long term he has an edge over the market.