Active Trader
Sep 4, 2010
i read all over the internet its scam

and if i buy currency and do limit profit they will stop it before the profit

is it scam

Hubu

Active Trader
Dec 21, 2010
FXCM is for sure not a scam broker. However, their trading and spread conditions are not very good and i dont understand how it is possible that this broker is so popular.

Some time ago i a had a live account with them. First they disabled usage from expert advisors on my account, then i had to deal with lots of requotes and last but not least the order execution increased by a few times.

I switched then to FXPRO and so far i am really happy with them. Tight spreads, almost no requotes and execution time is good as well.

jmathers

Trader
Dec 22, 2010
Fxcm is one of the biggest brokers on the internet, but I don't believe they got to be a big broker by providing quality. Their drive is volume which is what makes them a large broker, staying away from them is more profitable in the short run unless you have a large amount to trade with.

Megamind

Active Trader
Jan 14, 2011
Fxcm is one of the biggest brokers on the internet, but I don't believe they got to be a big broker by providing quality. Their drive is volume which is what makes them a large broker, staying away from them is more profitable in the short run unless you have a large amount to trade with.

Completely agree with everything! They have huge volume! :mad:

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
1.3 for EURUSD and 1 for USDJPY is their minimum spreads. Don't forget to check out their maximum spreads too. They are also regulated on Cyprus, not in US like FXCM. That closes their doors to all law-abiding US residents.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Traders Trust Broker seem to update the forex spreads page, they advertising average spreads Still seem better then fxcm do not you agree? EURUSD=1.8.
As far as I see on the site: both compan:confused:ies are STP Brokers.
Yes, that's better than FXCM, but FXCM has high spreads. It's still worse than Oanda or Dukascopy spreads.

Leo_fx

Trader
Sep 3, 2011
FXCM was fined at 2 million dollar about bad practices against customers.

The NFA obligate FXCM to return 2 million of usd to customer, because they was inserting slippage.

RebateMyForex

Trader
Sep 6, 2011
rebatemyforex.com
Not a scam anymore

There may of been questionable activity in the past however I highly doubt they would be acting inappropriately today given their fine. They would have definitely cleaned up their activity in question. I couldn't imagine a large broker like FXCM being fined to that degree again. It would be corporate suicide. Plus NFA would be going over operations at FXCM with a fine tooth comb.

Jason Rogers

Master Trader
Sep 16, 2011
New York, NY
www.fxcm.com
FXCM was fined at 2 million dollar about bad practices against customers.

The NFA obligate FXCM to return 2 million of usd to customer, because they was inserting slippage.

Hello Leo,

The fine by the NFA does not concern "inserting slippage". The action from the NFA that occurred August 12th primarily concerns positive slippage, and I would like to shed more light on how positive slippage with FXCM's NDD forex execution system used to work prior to August 2010 and how it has worked since then.

FXCM’s platforms display the best bid/ask spread streamed from the firm’s liquidity providers plus FXCM’s mark-up. Every FXCM NDD forex trade is automatically offset in a two-step process, designed to ensure that FXCM does not profit from a trader’s losses. In the first step of the execution process, a trader clicks on the price and the order is sent to FXCM. In the second step, FXCM automatically sends the client’s order to one of its liquidity providers to offset the trade.

FXCM’s execution system prior to August 2010 only offered price improvements to clients in the first step of the process. If a better price became available on FXCM’s platform in the fraction of a second after the client submitted the order but before the order was received by FXCM, the client would benefit from the price improvement. However, FXCM’s previous execution system did not provide clients with price improvements in the second step of the execution process, even if FXCM was able to offset the order at a better price, excluding FXCM’s markup. FXCM enhanced the execution system in 2010 so that clients now benefit from price improvements in both steps of a transaction for all order types.

It is important to note: By the end of 2010 FXCM enhanced its execution system to offer price improvements on all trades. You may remember from my forum posts last August that I announced positive slippage for limit and limit entry orders on this thread. All orders now eligible to receive positive slippage, and all price improvements are subject to available liquidity.

The settlement amount and the client price improvement credit will have no negative impact on FXCM's financial balance sheet because several founding partners of FXCM have reimbursed the company for the credit and the fines. As of June 30, 2011, FXCM Inc. had over $200 million in cash and no debt.

FXCM's goal is to have a fair and transparent system, and we are proud to offer an execution system that passes on any price improvements. FXCM has compiled statistics from July 1, 2010 until now to display the percentage of orders positive slipped and negatively slipped, and which orders most frequently experience each. The percentage of orders between positive and negative slippage has been roughly equal.

positiveslippagehighlig.jpg

And we have broken this down even further to display the number of orders on a monthly basis positively and negatively slipped:

positiveslippagestats.jpg

Limit and limit entry orders are the most likely to experience positive slippage which is why we highlight using limit and limit entry orders in the execution center on our website. You can find even more data on slippage broken down per order type in the complete report here: Slippage Statistics

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I will do my best to answer them as thoroughly as possible.

Jason
FXCM

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Sorry, but asymmetrical slippage wasn't the only accusation by NFA:

National Futures Association (NFA) has issued a Decision imposing a $2,000,000 monetary sanction against Forex Capital Markets LLC (FXCM) in settlement of a Complaint issued by NFA's Business Conduct Committee on August 12, 2011. The Complaint cited FXCM for retaining gains derived from asymmetrical positive price slippage; failing to adopt or carry out adequate procedures to ensure the efficient execution of all customer orders; failing to treat all customers equally when giving price adjustments; failing to adequately investigate suspicious activity in several customers' accounts; and - together with its principal Dror Niv - failing to supervise. FXCM is a Futures Commission Merchant, Retail Foreign Exchange Dealer, and Forex Dealer Member located in New York, New York.

Mar 7, 2013
FXCM, ETORO ARE ALL SCAMS!

@<a href="#comment-3490">Jim</a>: I just spent 3 days trading on FXCM trading platform. I have woken up every day, and studied where the market is posibly adhering to, then with my knowledge i logged into my fxcm account and started trading. No matter how calculated you are prepared and have confidence that you will earn money trading on the fxcm trading platform, YOU WILL LOSE. FXCM IS A SCAM, try it for yourself, but i warned you. I had 24/7 access for 3 days, i traded on every hour, they have a system deviced to work against you, you will gain only 2% and then later even that 2% you will not reap, they will steal your money. Dont, Dont even try it. The only people who make money are brokers and they are the real people behind FXCM, and if you have a broker i give you a good advice, fire that scammer. They are all gonna lie to you, they are stealing your money.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
@<a href="#comment-3490">Jim</a>: I just spent 3 days trading on FXCM trading platform. I have woken up every day, and studied where the market is posibly adhering to, then with my knowledge i logged into my fxcm account and started trading. No matter how calculated you are prepared and have confidence that you will earn money trading on the fxcm trading platform, YOU WILL LOSE. FXCM IS A SCAM, try it for yourself, but i warned you. I had 24/7 access for 3 days, i traded on every hour, they have a system deviced to work against you, you will gain only 2% and then later even that 2% you will not reap, they will steal your money. Dont, Dont even try it. The only people who make money are brokers and they are the real people behind FXCM, and if you have a broker i give you a good advice, fire that scammer. They are all gonna lie to you, they are stealing your money.
With such accusations you better have some proof available to show us.

tabalo

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Feb 20, 2013
I have heard something bad about FXCM, but I think almost brokers would get bad as well as good feedbacks everytime. But one member has only 1 post and said FXCM is scam, it's hard to believe.

Jason Rogers

Master Trader
Sep 16, 2011
New York, NY
www.fxcm.com

I'm sorry to hear you have not had success in your 3 days of trading with us, but that is not a reflection on FXCM's trade execution. On our No Dealing Desk (NDD) forex execution model, we take the best bid and best ask prices from all of our liquidity providers, add a small, fixed mark-up, and stream those prices to the platforms we provide. That means we make our money off of client trading volume, not client losses. Therefore we want our clients to be profitable, so that they will continue to trade with us for years to come. For that reason, our trading instructors at DailyFX.com have conducted several studies on trader profitability in order to help our clients better understand the factors that can be keys to success. You mentioned that you've been trading with us for 3 days. I hope you can find the DailyFX trader profitability studies useful. To access the complete studies on DailyFX.com search the keyword "profitability". Below is an introduction from one of the reports:

"Trading is like many other things in life, where the more we do it, the more experience we gain – the better we can become. We can continue to learn from our mistakes until, eventually, we perform well enough to get what it is that we want. Unfortunately, there are few shortcuts that can get a trader from point A to point D without going through points B and C."

Best of luck and good trading!

Jason

Apr 28, 2013
Hi,
Definitely FXCM is one of the most well regulated brokers with strong background and reputation. I would also recommend to check Win Forex Trade website. They have a partnership with AVAFX and FXCM Markets (some countries). AVAFX have some special offers such as: Up tp $1000 Cash Bonus, Mini iPad…
When you open an account with AVAFX or FXCM through Win Forex Trade, You may also receive high quality Forex Trade Signals directly from a leading economic forecaster depending on your deposit. Visit Win Forex Trade Signals.
Hope this helps,
All the best,