How Much Would You Pay Successful Trader for Managing Your Account?

What is a fair fee (% of profit) for successful Forex account management?

• <1%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <5%

• <10%

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • <20%

• <50%

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • 50+%

• Total voters

daniv

Trader
Feb 17, 2023
You guys are ridiculous. 10-15% is what you guys can afford to pay. You are not paying this because you are not getting it out of your pocket. The person is the one making the money while you bring the capital. So a successful trader to get only 15% of their hardwork is a joke. Should be no less than 25%.

I am a successful trader and met with a millionaire who asked me to trade his multiple accounts totaling up to 250K. I have started on his 100K account and found myself able to make 4k on it a week. He tried to offer me 15%. I declined. I told him 30% is what I am willing to go with. It is a win win situation and I am not working for pennies. Because yes it is pennies in terms % wise. I do not need to work with him.

He approached me with this deal, I was not looking for it. I am already trading my own account, though my account is much smaller than his, atleast i get 100% of the profit on my account. So why would i trade for someone just to only get 15%. No thanks. You do not find many people out there who are profitable traders. So I know my own worth and 15% is an insult and not something I would consider.

At 15% I would be making the same profit as I do on my personal account. For me to take the skill, effort and energy I am using for my account, to apply to his account, It needs to be a lot more worth my while. If he can easily find another successful trader who can make the % I can on his account then I would wish him well but i have my doubts.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Arok

mojovski

Trader
Nov 22, 2022
@daniv your arguments are valid for your perspective assuming that no account manager has ever blown up an account. I would also pay 80% if the returns are guaranteed. But unfortunately, the risk to loose all the money is there.

In the past I had 3 experiments with account managers.
1. The manager 5x the account with 30% profit share. Then, he blew it up. I could barely take out part of the initial investment.

3. The manager made nice profits for 3 months, then lost money, and took 6 months to recover. So after 10 months I was at 0 and the manager had his profit for every increasing month. I cancelled it.

4. The manager started with super high position sized because it was clear to him: high bets for profit or loose nothing.

After that experience I stopped the experiments with external account managers.

So today, I would not even pay 5%