How much does the average forex trader make?

Gerrard Hank

Trader
Nov 3, 2016
How much money an average trader makes is largely determined by how much money is invested. If you start trading with $1,000 your profits would be far less than someone who starts with $5,000. The amount you earn is also determined by your personality and the strategies you use.

Martin Gaptil

Trader
Mar 5, 2017
There is no specific answer! Basically, traders make their profit in order to their own trading strength! I see, many pro traders are making handsome money here without any panic! Day by day they are updating their trading skill and making more profits! By the way, I have three years live trading account now I make 30% monthly profit (in average)!

JimTatum

Trader
Jan 28, 2017
SanDiego
Hi Friends,

We cannot determine certain profit for all type of traders. There is a difference between every trader and their strategies. For any new traders they have to do trade in demo account. All the Forex brokers provide demo account for their users. But when you come to live account, the scene is completely different. Initially you play friendly matches in demo account. It does not affect you anymore. You can only learn there. Then you will play International matches in live account. You will feel pressure. It costs you everything.
Risk management is the important aspects when you trade in Live account. Decide what is your deposit for Live account. Trade the same deposit amount with demo account also. Because in demo account you can trade with big deposit. But in Live account you can trade only what you have. Avoid high leverage when you are trading. Increasing lot sizes in step by step manner.
Trade like a sniper, not a machine gunner. Don't overtrade. Wait and watch like Crane wait for its prey in pond. Because Forex market has high volatility and liquidity.
Check each and every strategies in your demo account and decide which one suits you the best. Day trading, Swing trading or Postion trading - You can choose whatever you want. In every trading, there is a strategy. You may choose what kind of profit you expect.
Don't feel bad when you miss the trade. You may earn more from the upcoming trades.
- Jim @ Wetalktrade​

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017
Basically, it depends on the trading skill of Forex traders and their capital size as well! Since, there is no restriction so, the probability is huge! By the way, I think trading with an unrealistic trading target is not a good choice! It’s a profession not a gambling area! I seem, 10% is a good monthly target for a pro trader!

Michelle Yeoh

Trader
Jul 9, 2017
I think, 1K is a good amount to start with! But, if traders are confident enough about their trading skill, then they start their trading with a healthy capital, no problem at all! By the way, I don’t have any idea about the parentage of income of a pro trader!

EdwinSev

Sep 1, 2017
I think the average forex trader lose money so.. It's hard to make a profit in this game unless you are consistant, controlled and stick to a solid strategy.

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Many or almost every new trader looses money even while testing the live account however those who remain consistent and let go off these looses may eventually become the successful traders in future.

Winjak

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
My personal goal is to achieve 10% monthly profits, I earn less for now, but my system is being improved , so.... hope it will be achieved soon

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Earning small but consistent profits can bring significant improvement in the income graph so keep it up and do let us posted about your success. Good luck!

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
My personal goal is to achieve 10% monthly profits, I earn less for now, but my system is being improved , so.... hope it will be achieved soon
Don't forget about Mental TPs and SLs, math sometimes become confusing as markets are highly irrational and you should trust feelings.

lucacrebbe

Active Trader
Jun 26, 2017
To live trading forex you need to have big capitals, which can absorbe the losses and let you enter in a trade with a good risk/reward ratio.

Only entering in less trades... and entering in trades with high probability of success, you can earn from trading. Entering with big capitals.

In this way you can live of forex, because you can make only trades with a good risk/rewad ratio, and your in.

Last edited:

RevMan

Trader
Sep 24, 2017
forexrev.org
There is no such thing as avaregae forex trader. Most of traders are loosing money in long term. There is few traders which are earning so much that they can live from forex.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
That's what you should be doing anyway - entering only high-probability trades. But even doing so cannot protect you from the losing streaks, which will lead to occasional negative months if not years. That's the reality of professional Forex trading.

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
I mean entering only in trades with high probability of success

The forex market is very diverse and therefore it happens sometimes to even professional traders when there good trades went in to the bad one. That is why many traders usually uses stop losses in order to cut off the loss in start.

Banni

Trader
Apr 20, 2017
On average, traders, who've achieved something already, get 10-15% profit. There are those who get 30%. This is quite rare and you can think of them as cool and professional traders.