Questions to experienced traders

Anissa

Jun 19, 2022
Hello

I need the help of experienced traders here!
I've been using the same strategy for 2 years and a half on a 500K account and I've made a consistent 15% monthly return (sometimes less, sometimes more)
and I've been offered to manage two private funds of 50 millions and 70 millions each...Do you think I can use the same strategy and just adapt
the lot size or it's too risky? Also: does a 20% month represent a lot? I trade XAUUSD and XAUEUR at the NYC markets opening and it has great volatility
which is great for my strategy...But I see some people saying that aiming for more than 20% a year is not realistic, saying that even Warren Buffer does
not have such a great return... but Warren does not trade his money but it looks rather like long term investing no?
Overall my question is, if I scale an account to a large amount can I use the same strategy whatever the size and just adapt lot size?
I saw on reddit that the average return of a trader at a prop firm is like 50% a year, I don't get why they make such small profit, with
forex, a good strategy and proper risk management you can make a consistent 15% a months...and I only open 5 positions of 5 lot, and let
them run for half an hour....

Thank you!!

alzheimer

Banned
Apr 7, 2022
The guy that makes 15% consistent return monthly asks us advice how to to choose correct lot size. I thought it would be vice versa lol

• 👍
Reactions: Fried_Rice

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I agree with @alzheimer that we probably have no business giving advice to someone who is consistently making 15% a month on a 500K account, but to answer your question, you will likely face serious slippage and other execution issues if you scale up to a 50M or 70M account. However, this is also largely dependent on the broker and its pool of liquidity providers. Though with XAUUSD it will be problematic everywhere.