How many times do you trade a week?

Aug 25, 2011
Forex Market Hours: How many times do you trade a week?

FOREX MARKET HOURS

This is a question that is largely asked.
Ezekiel. How many times do you trade a week? or How many times should i trade a week?
Whats your answer?
(Forex Market Hours)
My answer to them is pretty much the same -
0 to 10 times a week.
There is no definite figure and there never will be.
As mentioned before, we enter trades when a setup occur with price action confirmation.
Therefore, if there is NO setups = There is NO entry.
It can absolutely happen when there is NO setup for the entire week.
Which accounts for the 0 times a week. (But it rarely happens)
And there may be weeks when there are alot of setups (may be even more than 10)
But on average. Its between 0 to 10 times a week.

Forex Market Hours
Some of you guys may think.
That’s very little.
Yes its very little.
Would you rather have more trades with more losses OR
Would you rather have less trades with more wins?
Think about it.
The reason why we take so little trades is because we filter away alot of the low probability winning trades.
‘Most traders find reasons to enter, professional traders find reasons NOT to enter’ – Ezekiel Chew
Therefore, every trade we take. Must have a high probability of winning.
Which will eventually lead to a good growth in your account.

Forex Market Hours
Therefore, if you are trading way over than 10 trades a week.
Look at the success rates you are getting.
If you are getting a high success rate on all the trades. That’s good.
But if you are not getting a high success rate. You need to think twice about your forex trading strategy.
Are you trading the right way?
Will your trading style lead you to a consistent growth at the end of the day?
Remember – Forex trading is NOT all about taking trades.
It requires you to think about and to have a proper forex trading system, a plan.
This is a business. This is not gambling.
If you are taking trades based on gut feel. – You are a gambler.
I would recommend you to stop trading altogether. Either stop forex trading, or spend some time to learn how to trade forex the right way.
Check out our online forex trading AFM winning Forex Price Action Forex Course where i teach you the exact FULL Forex Trading Strategies | system that i personally use to be consistently profitable. (Forex Market Hours)
See you on the other side my friend,
Asia Forex Mentor
Ezekiel Chew
Asia #1 Forex Mentor

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 7

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
I make between 0-10 trades a month. From time, experience, and finally listening to successful traders that I know I have accepted the fact that any time Im 'in' the market im at risk profit or not. If a trader takes his/her average trade time from entry to exit and extends that by number of trades a year they most likely will see it adds up to be a good amount of time one's risk is 'open' to the market. Regardless of how good a trader is, this risk will at the very least lengthen their equity curve. I try to only pick the very very best opportunities consistently taking little bites of the market. Trading is boring when your profitable you wait for the market to tip its hand and if it doesnt you wait some more, I get paid to sit on our hands.

Easy Trader

Master Trader
Sep 17, 2011
There's also another advantage of doing less but more profitable trades - you pay less spread to your broker. 10 trades with 2 pips spread on each is 20 pips, but 50 trades would be 100 pips.

Absolutely! and also timeframe as you know, a move on the 5M/15M will only get ya 10-20pips if your good! but that same move on the 4H or Daily will get ya 50-150pips the spread is no longer a factor . Let alone the simple fact of constantly battling the spread on the lower timeframes to get into profit, uhhggg I remember those days, watch it sit at -2pips then go to +4pips then back to -2 all the while keeping hope that it was going to go back up, then it finally tanks to -8pips/- -12pips/-19pips and I was off to find my 3rd new system of the month. I swore there was someone sitting on the opposite side of my computer, ah I used to get so mad and frustrated.

Last edited:

mr.gardner

Trader
Mar 14, 2012
Hey,

I prefer to have 2-3 big trade per month. This way I have more confidence because I wait for good signals and enter the market with big money.

Good Luck

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
It depends, the small trader and the newbies are bound to trade more times in a week than the seasoned professionals. But it is all relative, trade as much as you like, as long as you get to rake in the greenbacks..

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
There's just no one answer for this query, for obvious reasons.
But you may have noticed that the moment a trader runs into a loss, he/she will analyze the trade, figure out what they did wrong and try to recoup the loss - end result, more trades will be placed within a short timeframe.
Of course, the "short timeframe" need not mean the same to all..

Dominator4fx

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Asia
There's just no one answer for this query, for obvious reasons.
But you may have noticed that the moment a trader runs into a loss, he/she will analyze the trade, figure out what they did wrong and try to recoup the loss - end result, more trades will be placed within a short timeframe.
Of course, the "short timeframe" need not mean the same to all..

I have experienced los sand then i have to take some rest to get back again in the Forex. It also depends on my funds which i have to again accumulate to invest and trade so it will take time.:D

freaky1212

Trader
Apr 27, 2012
There is no specific answer to this question. It depends on the individual. Some might trade two times in a week if they experience much loss. For me i trade whenever i analyse the market and deem it necessary to trade.

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
O yea..

I have experienced los sand then i have to take some rest to get back again in the Forex. It also depends on my funds which i have to again accumulate to invest and trade so it will take time.:D

Been there, done that. Usually, if the newbie hits loss with the micro/mini, chances are he/she would want to place new trades right away since the amount involved is small..
Again, it depends on the individual in question.

UWC Neeraj

Active Trader
Apr 27, 2012
Cyprus
There is no specific answer to this question. It depends on the individual. Some might trade two times in a week if they experience much loss. For me i trade whenever i analyse the market and deem it necessary to trade.

If a person is a Full time trader then he would be looking for trading opportunities any time but i think it is always better to wait and see the solid trading opportunities coming your way.

inggo

Banned
Jan 13, 2012
Philippinese
i used to be a scalper making 10 or more trades a day 5 days a week, and maybe many many more. but i switched to swinging and Im luck to make 5 trades a week, but it suits me and my life style, and its less riskier! :)

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
On that..

i used to be a scalper making 10 or more trades a day 5 days a week, and maybe many many more. but i switched to swinging and Im luck to make 5 trades a week, but it suits me and my life style, and its less riskier! :)
If you do not mind my asking, how many pips did you make per day scalping? And what was your profit margin [weekly] and has it improved now..

Apr 17, 2012
Hey,

I prefer to have 2-3 big trade per month. This way I have more confidence because I wait for good signals and enter the market with big money.

Good Luck
I trade almost everyday for 2-4 hours because it is an additional job for me to earn a decent living or simply a quick income

UWC Neeraj

Active Trader
Apr 27, 2012
Cyprus
I trade almost everyday for 2-4 hours because it is an additional job for me to earn a decent living or simply a quick income

It depends on the members to decide on how much time they have and are willing to spend in Forex Trading.

It also has to do with the overall goals and ambitions they have in mind.

lyn.forex

Trader
Apr 30, 2012
Usually, I trade almost everyday. But at my first few months, I trade about 5-10 a week. But I think it will depend on getting loss or gain profit, you have to analyze and decide on new strategies. Since I'm using Trade Copier, it helps me in so many ways, I have more than 100 slave accounts. Plus I get to add, edit or delete accounts in real-time.