How do you handle your losses?

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
At times Stop loss can come in very handy as we know that the Forex markets are very much volatile so the fluctuations that happen can drain down our trading funds at any time easily :)
Stop loss fixed is easier to manage the risk if compared with hedging strategy, which hedging strategy need high patience to determine time to open lock hedging on strong support or resistance, but maybe not all trader they use stop loss and hedging but use their margin to withstand price movement, and last stop loss for them is margin call account.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Stop loss fixed is easier to manage the risk if compared with hedging strategy, which hedging strategy need high patience to determine time to open lock hedging on strong support or resistance, but maybe not all trader they use stop loss and hedging but use their margin to withstand price movement, and last stop loss for them is margin call account.

There are many such traders who get losses in their trading and the reasons for the loss may be many. We have to learn about our trading systems in such a manner that we are able to control the losses and earn a good income for ourself :)

Luthfi Maung

Trader
Oct 28, 2015
Yeah, analysis of losses is very important when it comes to trading improvement, I'd said its essential part of education. Thankfully I've realized it recently but only after 1 year of my trading practice.

It's okay, at least you're doing it. Keep it up!

We have to learn how well we can do our trading and what are the most common risks that we have in our trades. If we are careful we can consider our trading and manage the losses well :)

Agree!
We need to recognize the pros and cons of ourselves in trading so we can maximize our own trading potentials and managing our risks as well...

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
So many reason we get loss in trading sometime greedy also as one reason that often leading to getting loss, over trading also as one reason why many beginner get failure in trading and if we can learn well from our mistake hence hopefully we get betterment trading skill.

bily.k

Trader
Dec 1, 2015
Few years ago, when I started trading, full of enthusiasm, a more experienced trader told me: you will become successful in FX only when you loose that enthusiasm.. when you start waking up in the morning and feel about your trading the same way as you feel about your (other) day job, then you are on the road of becoming a profitable trader.
The FX Market is amazing, but is not as sweet as it seams- its the hardest way to get by easy in life- as people think.

Losses are inevitable, and should be a part of any strategy that any one develops... The main thing is focus on the recovery. If a system or strategy recovers well from the DD, than its a GOOD ONE....and money management of course...
Its easy to make profit, the hard thing is stay alive :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Many ways to handle our loss in trading, some trader using lock profit to safe their profit and some trader use hedging strategy and some another might use trailing stop, and stop loss fixed, forex is not easy business, this like as how to manage money in uncertainty market condition.

olivine

Trader
May 21, 2015
We learn the art of handling with loss after many experience. In start we not expect as much loss as we face . After making losses we have to see the reasons so that we not repeat the same mistakes again I try to overcome on this problem with low risk trading so that I bear a little loss in trading.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes experience should make us have better skill to minimize the risk, but maybe not all trader they have good learning with their experience and still become looser in trading,because to develop skill also need strong psychology trading that will leading the to keep discipline.

Jenal Aripin

Trader
Oct 30, 2015
Yes experience should make us have better skill to minimize the risk, but maybe not all trader they have good learning with their experience and still become looser in trading,because to develop skill also need strong psychology trading that will leading the to keep discipline.

Agree! Learning more knowledge about forex and developing our skill is the key of surviving in this business. And also, we need to train our discipline so we could always stick to our trading system...

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
I try to trade in my limits as if I try to make more profit using bad money management then often I face loss. Its best to trade in your limits because you can trade safe and avoid big losses.

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Guess what you have to do when you are losing is to STOP trading. At least for a day. Because there are some factors which may set "awful trading day" so you won't able to earn any profit there just lose. Sometimes I have such days and I do my best to steer clear from trading those times and just take rest

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
Many ways to handle our loss in trading, some trader using lock profit to safe their profit and some trader use hedging strategy and some another might use trailing stop, and stop loss fixed, forex is not easy business, this like as how to manage money in uncertainty market condition.

there are many tools provide to handle losses, moreover trader attitude to tackle a situation is also a good to handle losses.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
there are many tools provide to handle losses, moreover trader attitude to tackle a situation is also a good to handle losses.
Yes, sometime trader they can taka act to cut loss in their trades with always monitoring account so they can take action on certain circumstances to cut their loss if obviously in wrong analysis, but to avoid something that out from expectation like as if turn off electricity, stop loss is one tool to manage the risk.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Yes, sometime trader they can taka act to cut loss in their trades with always monitoring account so they can take action on certain circumstances to cut their loss if obviously in wrong analysis, but to avoid something that out from expectation like as if turn off electricity, stop loss is one tool to manage the risk.

As a Forex trader we do get such kind of trading opportunity whereby we can bring down the losses that are coming to us. We have to understand this fact that trading is not going to be easy for us and we will have to make good efforts in the business :)

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
Stop loss and Take Profit should do the trick, just set up them accordingly to what you want to earn and what tolerate to lose, not more and less. Math knowledge. Knowledge of math or at least the skill of simple calculations would be quite pertinent here.
Good luck

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Agree! Learning more knowledge about forex and developing our skill is the key of surviving in this business. And also, we need to train our discipline so we could always stick to our trading system...
This is important to keep discipline with our system trading rules and also our plan trading, if likely still in doubt to open any entries, hence waiting clear movement might better than rush, if we trade based on indicator as trigger, so we also need to keep discipline until indicator giving signal confirmed.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
This is important to keep discipline with our system trading rules and also our plan trading, if likely still in doubt to open any entries, hence waiting clear movement might better than rush, if we trade based on indicator as trigger, so we also need to keep discipline until indicator giving signal confirmed.

If we will learn how to keep our trading under control then a time will come when we can do our trades and also start getting some good income in our trading with time :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
If we will learn how to keep our trading under control then a time will come when we can do our trades and also start getting some good income in our trading with time :)
Yes important for trader to control and update their analysis because trend market very dynamiic, sometime easy to changed even in few minute, especially scalping trader they need more concentration during trades to monitoring trades and the changing of market so they can cut profit or loss instantly.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Yes important for trader to control and update their analysis because trend market very dynamiic, sometime easy to changed even in few minute, especially scalping trader they need more concentration during trades to monitoring trades and the changing of market so they can cut profit or loss instantly.

If we will make use of good trading analysis then a time will come when we can say that a trader is good and which trade is not good. This way we will be able to avoid the bad trades easily :)