Have you learned from your mistakes?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
There is not a single forex trader who did not make mistakes during their trading career especially in the beginning of trading. Most of the beginners will fail to learn from their mistakes except a small percentage of traders who will make the mistakes and learn from them. This is what will separate successful traders from failures.

D

david100

Mistakes and losses are part of Forex. But we can avoid mistakes and we can learned from Forex if you have learned about Forex. Learning is very necessary to keep our trading on track.

• 👍
Reactions: Chroniclegley and timmyk

Fxpipper

Master Trader
Oct 26, 2011
It always pays up to learn from one's mistakes..find out what you did wrong and make sure you do not "lather, rinse, repeat" the same mistake again..

davidblack

Banned
Jun 19, 2014
I think we cannot always avoid losses from Forex but yes we can learn from our mistakes and can do better next time.

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Perseverance

Trading forex is a learned empirical skill.That implies that one learns by building on experiences, both good and bad, and , over time ,being able to discern the relevant from the non-relevant and trade accordingly. Making mistakes in judgement, execution, and application are a necessary condition enroute to becoming a profitable trader. The other important requirement is the ability to persevere in the face of repeated errors and by so doing, acquire the body of knowledge and experience you need.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Forextobe
Oct 11, 2015
I have been able to learn from the mistakes that I have made. I honestly think that while it is hard, I did put good work into the trading that I did. I mean the demo accounts that I did make, have been able to help me. There are times though that I had to admit that sometimes it was hard when I was losing money. The thing that I always had to tell myself is that we really can't tell what the market will be like. And that I can't expect to understand the Forex market, because nobody can explain it. Fundamentals work for long-term investing in stocks and futures, but with foreign exchange, it's all about movement here and now. You can profit from minute changes in currency prices, but don't expect to be able to explain their nature. The demo accounts that I used was from concordbay.com/en and I have to say that they worked out well for me. I think that I am in the place that I am now because of them. They are pretty much the best out there right now.

Last edited:

olivine

Trader
May 21, 2015
As a newbie we can not recognize what mistake we had made in trading that causes a loss. when we are able to analyze our performance then we know all this . I learned from my mistakes a lot . I was more careful and conscious it teach me how to plan my trading.

Jan 28, 2015
Russia
Of course I do learn from my own mistakes. I know how difficult it is to identify the trend or to generate consistent profits, but when I learn from my mistakes, I make the road of knowledge wider for me to stay longerr

jellyeb

Active Trader
Jun 10, 2015
I am trying to learn, but it's only time that will tell whether i have succeeded or not.
You have to practice at demo account at the same time to understand if you head in right direction.. You can also use small size real account to get used to emotions, learn money management, have fun.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
yes i ve learned a lot from my mistakes, you have to analyse your mistakes and try to avoid it in future.

kevintrader

Trader
Nov 1, 2015
I've made many mistakes and some end up being learning experiences. Anyway I've recently learned of the two biggest mistakes that traders make.

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
I got many lessons from previous mistakes, now always keep lower leverage less than 1:100, long term stable profit should be top objective.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Because I am not as perfect trader, hence mistake sometime occur because in bad analysis that causing loss, and this for me is common thing, but I can learn from my bad habit mistake like as greedy, trade without stop loss and now just trying hard to avoid same mistake repeated again.

Lawrence

Active Trader
Aug 20, 2015
Because I am not as perfect trader, hence mistake sometime occur because in bad analysis that causing loss, and this for me is common thing, but I can learn from my bad habit mistake like as greedy, trade without stop loss and now just trying hard to avoid same mistake repeated again.

A loss can happen to us at any time and we have to remember this that if we are wise enough then we would be able to control our losses and a time will come when we will get more profits easily :)

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
A loss can happen to us at any time and we have to remember this that if we are wise enough then we would be able to control our losses and a time will come when we will get more profits easily :)
Yes indeed, loss can occur anytime because market forex very dynamic and sometime unpredictable, but of course as trader also need to prepare their risk in trading, often beginner make mistake they let order opened on loss floating without measure how much risk in single plan then eventually get margin call account.

radex78

Banned
Nov 15, 2015
Yes. It always give us the right choice. If you make more mistake s then you can learn more.
Yes we can learn from our mistake and top built up good skill trading as trader also need always spent time to learning the market and built up skill to analyze the market and also they must learn from their experience which experience is the best teacher for us.