Have you ever met your broker?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I am slowly getting tired of all those rather less intelligent remarks about what a good broker needs to have. For starters, regulation is not always good as is the case with US regulation and it does not guarantee your safety. There have been plenty of cases especially in the US where clients lost out big time despite being regulated in the US.

While having a broker who is regulated in reputable country is not bad at all, it is not the Holy Grail. I was wondering how many of you actually bothered to go and visit your brokers HQ unannounced to check it out and then arrange a face-to-face meeting?

In my opinion that is much more important than regulation, but hey that is just me. I got to meet my broker in person and after that I made my first deposit with them. It is called due diligence, but most don’t even understand how that works.

Anyone else who has met their broker in person?

Master Forex IB

Active Trader
May 23, 2013
No i never met my broker. I never feel the need of this type , Now we can contact them any time . They are providing us best facilities and support . My broker is very good i can find any solution for problem 24 hours.I am satisfied wth all dealing So I need not to go to my broker directly for this purpose.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
No i never met my broker. I never feel the need of this type , Now we can contact them any time . They are providing us best facilities and support . My broker is very good i can find any solution for problem 24 hours.I am satisfied wth all dealing So I need not to go to my broker directly for this purpose.

You totally missed my point here. It has nothing to do about support and resolving issues.

Rambo35

Apr 22, 2013
Canada
Do you in facial contact, that won't be easy. But online yes, or maybe a representative.

Meeting a representative is a facial meeting as you put it :). Online is meaningless in my opinion.

Emibluz

Banned
Aug 22, 2013
I am slowly getting tired of all those rather less intelligent remarks about what a good broker needs to have. For starters, regulation is not always good as is the case with US regulation and it does not guarantee your safety. There have been plenty of cases especially in the US where clients lost out big time despite being regulated in the US. While having a broker who is regulated in reputable country is not bad at all, it is not the Holy Grail. I was wondering how many of you actually bothered to go and visit your brokers HQ unannounced to check it out and then arrange a face-to-face meeting?In my opinion that is much more important than regulation, but hey that is just me. I got to meet my broker in person and after that I made my first deposit with them. It is called due diligence, but most don’t even understand how that works.

You deserve a medal or a dinner with the Queen Elizabeth for this truth you were bold enough to say. The truth is our lovely regulation has been mistaken for the financial therapy that would totally heal the market of fraud when this is necessarily a client duty. But I know even if the NFA or the FSA as the case may be, was run by angels; they wouldn't be able to thoroughly heal the market of corruption when clients are still sick with negligence and lack due diligence. Me, I bother about the least details knowing that the reliability of my broker is more of my duty than any regulatory body's. That is why I made sure I established a relationship with my broker outside the market- knowing him more than the back of my palm as well as his HQ. Rambo, the truth is we underestimate the potency of due diligence. The truth is if you have this, you force your broker into morality; hence even offshore brokers would become very safe to deal with.