Forex Gap Strategy

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Hi,

According to GAP strategy today all conditions applied for GBP/JPY Buy Order.
Lets see the weekend for more piping.

Gud Luck
Sheriff
Have you managed to earn from that gap? There was 86-pip difference. Of course, it is not possible to open and close the position right at the week's start and end, but what were your results?

jeremiahkn

Trader
Apr 16, 2013
I think i have tried this weekend gap strategy before, yes it was very profitable although you can only trade maximum 4 times a months, sometimes even lesser or no trades at all when the gap is below requirements, but over time brokers started not to honor the gap trades, so all of my profit made were deleted and they created a new trading rules that the order/trades within the weekend gap will not be honored, so there goes my weekend gap profits.

There might be some brokers who accept it but i didn't have the time to look and test new brokers, i am happy with my other trading system results already. :)

Enivid knows I'm different. LOL That goes for Gap trading as well. Using Currency Strength info, I decide on a target pair. I open a trade on that info 5 min before Friday loss of signal. Now, I wait.

I'm at the computer Sunday so as to be ready to close the order immediately upon return of signal. That's it.

I'm only trolling to capture difference, not to continue on, wondering what's going to happen. Only the gap difference and direction are my sole concern with trading the gap. With a bit more T&E, I'll figure out how to gap trade a basket. ;)

Last edited:

ituglobal

Master Trader
Apr 17, 2013
Now, the possibility that a gap would get filled is only 50%. For me, I go in the direction of the 20-hour movement after the gap has occurred. This must be clear enough to remove ambiguity. And I run the trade for 2 weeks.

koolpips

Trader
Apr 5, 2016
GAP Trading is nice and Fine but one has to do a Bit of planning and Phase them as NEar gaps and Far away gaps as tehy do tend to attract as a magnet
So can call it as when getting on a train platform " MIND the GAP"

Same MEthodology can be applied to indexes such as SP500 Futs etc and Commodities (m but have to be careful in Commodities as Gaps can stay open for much longer time periods)