EA installation

Palaca

Trader
Oct 7, 2011
Hi over there,

My EA was added to the preferred chart. Btw. I use a VPS provided by the brokerage. There were some free EA I could choose from to install. So I did it and the EA now is shown in the Navigator window of MT4. The little smile can be seen on my chart but nothing else happens. I know some expert advisor trade very rarely, so I wait patiently. :D
But my EA sign in the Navigator is grey and not colorfull (blue and yellow). Does it mean anything I have to worry about? :confused:

Thank you for your answer in advance.

Palaca

Trader
Oct 7, 2011
Tanks for the quick answer. I started the EA 2 days ago, so I think I can wait a little more. But tha EA sign in the Navigator window (I mean the left side of the MT4 and not the smile on the chart) is still grey. Is it ok?

Thanks again for your help.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
Actually that's very strange. It's impossible to attach an EA that's showing as gray in the Navigator window, because the gray icon means that it wasn't compiled properly. Are you sure you've attached it to the chart and it's showing a smiling face in the top-right corner of the chart? See the attachment for an example:

Attachments

• ea_smiling.png
    ea_smiling.png
    353 bytes · Views: 199
Last edited:

Palaca

Trader
Oct 7, 2011
I hope I attached it to the chart properly. A smiling face can be seen on the chart. But the EA is grey in the Navigator window.:confused:

Attachments

• robot_on_chart.jpg
    robot_on_chart.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 15
  • EA_Navigator.jpg
    EA_Navigator.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 13

Palaca

Trader
Oct 7, 2011
There aren't any error output in Expert/Journal tabs. But anyway I asked the suppurt team and according to them it is normal. I must believe them because the robot is trading. :)

So thank you for your time to help me. If I have some other problem, I am sure I'll be back. ;)