Don't Dedicate Good Times to Trading

carol1992

Trader
Jan 21, 2021
The forex market is appealing to many people, especially the youth, for the high degree of flexibility and unlimited possibilities. The first easy gains will delude some into believing they wield it. Mistaking luck for skills is a poison for trading.

While making money by chance is an easy thing, investors will find it hard to earn profits all the time. It will take three to five years to build up a stable money-making strategy, during which you have to keep learning, repeat the trial-and-error process, and endure losses.

Will the problem be solved after five years? No. Because you're at the age of raising a family, and most of your savings will be used for tuition. The suddenly increased financial pressure will force you to make heavy investments, rendering the hard-build strategy useless.

With that said, young people are advised not to dedicate themselves to trading at their golden age. Otherwise, you can only shed tears alone when others are riding on the crest of success.

How to get rid of the winding course?

1. To arm yourself with knowledge and take your job seriously. By this way, you can have more options even finding the trading not acceptable in the future.

2. To invest in moderation and never take out a loan. The funds invested should be no more than 30% of your net worth.

3. To study indices rather than read papers only. Traders should learn to stay in awe of the market.

4. To keep learning from your failures.

Trading is just a small part of your great youth. Don't let it dominate your life.

• 👍
Reactions: sharabela and Jerry_Ken

hk_09

Banned
Oct 30, 2020
The second point is really really important. At the end it is all about money here, and if you're not starting with your own funds, but borrowed money, there are major chances that things don't fall in your favour.

Dora_WalletInvestor

Active Trader
Aug 17, 2020
I don't think there's anything wrong with dedicating time to trading when you're young. Sure, don't let it consume all of your time and hold you back from doing other things - but that can be said about most other things in life, too.

forexking

Feb 15, 2021
I feel, it’s no harm in devoting time to learn about the forex market. It’s the trader’s own decision whether to trade or not but acquiring knowledge is not a waste of time.

danielbro

Trader
Nov 26, 2020
I don't think there's anything wrong with dedicating time to trading when you're young. Sure, don't let it consume all of your time and hold you back from doing other things - but that can be said about most other things in life, too.
Agreed with this. Young generations these would actually consume all of their time on one thing and does not know how to hold back.
But I think the sentiment of the message is that you are still young and you should spend more time on quality leisure for the majority of the time and should not be spent on trading.

wanorbit

Master Trader
Oct 11, 2010
good time to focus on trade and make money, the pandemic is still out there, not everybody has been vaccinated, so stay home and trade to dusk, no harm done to being out there and prone to covid-19

Shahzadahmed

Trader
Mar 24, 2021
While making money by chance is an easy thing, investors will find it hard to earn profits all the time. It will take three to five years to build up a stable money-making strategy, during which you have to keep learning, repeat the trial-and-error process, and endure losses.

vicjon1995

Active Trader
Sep 29, 2020
How long have you been trading?

Jerry_Ken

Trader
Dec 11, 2020
The forex market is appealing to many people, especially the youth, for the high degree of flexibility and unlimited possibilities. The first easy gains will delude some into believing they wield it. Mistaking luck for skills is a poison for trading.

Will the problem be solved after five years? No. Because you're at the age of raising a family, and most of your savings will be used for tuition. The suddenly increased financial pressure will force you to make heavy investments, rendering the hard-build strategy useless.

With that said, young people are advised not to dedicate themselves to trading at their golden age. Otherwise, you can only shed tears alone when others are riding on the crest of success.

1. To arm yourself with knowledge and take your job seriously. By this way, you can have more options even finding the trading not acceptable in the future.

2. To invest in moderation and never take out a loan. The funds invested should be no more than 30% of your net worth.

3. To study indices rather than read papers only. Traders should learn to stay in awe of the market.

Trading is just a small part of your great youth. Don't let it dominate your life.
That nicely stated. It will help people get rid of the big misconceptions people have about forex.

btseen

Banned
Jan 17, 2020
I feel, it’s no harm in devoting time to learn about the forex market. It’s the trader’s own decision whether to trade or not but acquiring knowledge is not a waste of time.
Well said, everyone has a choice. If anyone is interested in trying forex trading , they should actually pursue their passion. But they must remember that it requires as much effort and knowledge as any other profession/business. Its not a game of luck.

HeavenLeighGill

Active Trader
Aug 5, 2021
I’d consider myself to be a young trader (26) but I do agree with some of your points, especially regarding taking a loan out for trading as I don’t like them in general. I feel that trading can pay off if you don’t go into debt trying to do it and there’s no reason not to start young if you’re willing to put the time into it. For example, trading helps me bring in extra income as a stay at home mom, so why not do it now?

Jungletrader

Banned
Sep 5, 2019
It's all about balance.
It's good to devout your time to learning new skills and applying them .
The weekends let a bit of steam off or just watch something on Netflix but keep the momentum going

no_frame

Trader
Aug 21, 2021
Balancing would be a better answer to not dedicating your full good times to trading. Just keep half of your times to trading and half of your time to other things.

tomass

Banned
Nov 18, 2021
The second point is really important. You must trade with your own money. Borrowing money from someone just puts another stress on your mind. You don’t trade for yourself but for them because there is constant pressure of returning the borrowed money.

sharabela

Master Trader
Oct 19, 2016

I like the last sentence that we should not let trading dominate our life. Many of us often get carried away with trading. That is a bummer. Another point that you have made is we must study and learn from our mistakes. It is a business, which needs time. We should invest our time before investing money. Let us be patient and learn this business well before jumping into it. Thanks for sharing this excellent writing.