Do you use Bollinger Bands in your trading

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
Hi, I think the best trading indicator that I've used is the Bollinger Bands, since its the best way to determine price action. The bands are placed above and below a moving average. Volatility is based on the standard deviation, which changes as volatility changes as volatility increases and decreases.

This dynamic nature of Bollinger bands also means they can be used on different securities with standard settings. For signals, Bollinger Bands can be used to identify M-tops and W-Bottomes or to determine the strength of the trend, meaning whether its bullish or bearish. Do you know other uses for this? please share..thanks

mumuy

Active Trader
May 3, 2013
Is it effective? I'm using the Bollinger Bands 21 mixing it with 5-days SMA and the 9-day EMA and 21-day EMA...

BlindFA

Trader
Apr 29, 2013
I've used BBs for bouncing strategies before. It's useful in some ways, but you need to couple it with price action knowledge to really take full advantage of it.

xProphet

Active Trader
Jul 27, 2013
Occupying Wall Steet.
Look up the good ol' bollinger squeeze.

The Price moves in a very tight line like pattern, the bands start to literally squeeze the line. On breakout you should see long day candles (either bullish or bearish) that are crashing into a band causing a lot sudden volatility. This can be a nice little trade if you manage to catch it. Just watch for false breaks.

michael77

Trader
Aug 5, 2013
If you want to judge the volatility of the market then you can use it and almost each of every trader use this useful indicator. I also use it this indicator.

michael77

Trader
Aug 5, 2013
Yes, i use. This is nice indicator in order to judge the volatility of the market. This is very small tool that indicate whether the market is volatile or not. When the market remain calm then brand become squeeze and on the other hand when market start unstable then brand become expand. To me it is nice tool and you just need to learn Bollinger squeeze and Bolinger Bounce very well.

rwtc

Trader
Sep 14, 2013
www.rwtickchart.com
So far I didn't really use Bollinger as I'm more into support and resistance, trendlines and Fibonacci lines. Maybe one day I will discover the benefits of Bollinger as well.

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
I do not use BB's. I have never found them beneficial to my trading style. Either way you should never trade based on a single signal anyway and always couple it with other aspects of your analysis.

PeterPan001

Trader
Apr 22, 2014
Thanks Enivid

But I get this warning "return value of 'OrderSend' should be checked". How do you resolve this warning issue. I am testing this EA on demo now. Please help.

Thanks.

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
I have used Bollinger bands for 3-4 Months. And my experience is that in range bound markets it does work but in volatile times it doesn't work can can be very dangerous to use it in high volatility days.

Exness Support

Active Trader
Apr 21, 2014
Bollinger bands work great in ranged based market where u should sell when price touches upper band and buy when it goes to lower bands. But in volatile market where daily range is big it doesnt work.

eyeball

Master Trader
Sep 25, 2011
Price action and Bollinger Bands

For those price action analysts who may read this: Bear in mind that BB's can change the dynamic of a trend and have a direct material affect on customary outcomes.They tend to change the "polarity " of the indicators associated with them,as does the very fact of their crossing and possible recrossing. (By "polarity" I mean that expected outcomes of particular chart patterns may , in some cases ,be reversed on the opposite side of a BB ,all other things being equal.) Also , bear in mind that when a exponential MA crosses the BB along with the price itself or by itself alone, it can act as a modifier to the aforementioned.There are numerous variations on these themes that occur every day and price action advocates would do well to familiarize themselves with them.They repeat with consistency and are therefore predictable

Last edited:

nalu

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Sep 3, 2014
Bollinger band is a technical indicator that identifies the highness and lowness of market. It determine the volatility of the market. It is made of three lines. Traders use the movement of the bands to see if it is ideal for selling or buying.