Do you prefer trading with high leverage?

Rambo35

Confirmed PaxForex Representative
Apr 22, 2013
Canada
One of the biggest reasons why the forex market is exciting and accessible to small retail traders is because of the industry’s high leverage options. Leverage gives a trader the ability to increase the potential return on an investment but also it increases the potential risk.

triplet

Active Trader
Oct 7, 2014
Using leverage has a great advantage when the market moves in your favor but its a double edge sword and carries a lot of risk when you trade with high leverage and the market turn against you. And so it is important to understand the risk of leverage so as not to overleverage your position to prevent loss of investment.

vicknic

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Jan 21, 2014
Netherlands
www.profiforex.com
Many traders are using the 1:500 leverage offered by Profiforex even when they have a deposit of more than $1000. This goes to show that most traders love using leverage because it increases their pip value. This could also be bad when you lose since it is same pip value. However, new traders are not advised to use high leverage since they are likely to lose during their first month or year of trading.

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
I seldomly use high leverages, and i use it if iam pretty sure about a trade leverages are very luring but you have to be a very good trader to make use of it.

joescholz

Banned
Aug 25, 2014
Traders especially new traders should be careful of this leverage of a thing because is like a two edged sword, but personally I love to stick with a leverage of 1:200, though the broker am using Profiforex offers a high leverage of 1:500, also they have a fast payment processor, where you get paid fast for every withdrawal you make through either your credit card account, your skrill account, or money bookers with 24 hours

chief

Confirmed Tickmill Representative
Oct 27, 2014
I used to 1:500 leverage but not for over 1000 usd intitial deposit, when go higher said 5000 usd, I'll used 1:200 leverage. i open and account for amount 1000 usd with armada markets, and use 1:500, got bonus deposit also which means an extra margin level for my trading account. low leverage is more like a stealth stop loss level for your order, low leverage restrict your active trade (by lost size), as the lower it is the higher margin requirement for each trade.Money Management is key in this so you need to define your risk & calculate the correct position size for your stop-loss.

nalu

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
Sep 3, 2014
Trading with high leverage can be very beneficial for the experience traders who can handle the high risk involved . But it is a bad idea for newbie who is still trying to learn the forex market.

joescholz

Banned
Aug 25, 2014
I don’t trade with a leverage of more than 50:1 for trade I place. This leverage issue works like two edged sword; you can make massive profits from it or loose your account with a high leverage.

Nov 4, 2014
One of the biggest reasons why the Forex market is exciting and accessible to small retail traders is because of the industry’s high leverage options. Leverage gives a trader the ability to increase the potential return on an investment but also it increases the potential risk.

alexflemj

Active Trader
Nov 9, 2011
The highest leverage I have used is 1:200 and that's very rarely. The slightest market movement against your positon can bloq your account almost instantly. So use the leverage wisely, or make sure that your broker provides separate leverage for forex, stocks, futures and so on.

Bilal Jafar

Nov 30, 2014
I usually use high Leverage~ something ranging from 1:100-1:500... Leverage is an important factor in fx without which we can't make the proper trades accordingly to our deposit level. So for me, I prefer high over the low one.

joescholz

Banned
Aug 25, 2014
I don’t exceed a leverage of above 1:20 for each trade because this leverage thing works like a two edged sword that can drain your account if not used carefully.

tomas.v

Trader
Nov 18, 2014
Germany
1:20 is the maximum level of leverage which should be used to achieve final success (I don't mean of course some scalping strategies). On CFDs leveage is usually 2,3 times lower but you should keep with the 1:20 leverage so effectively 1:10 for CFDs

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
The leverge should be set according to the deposit and trading strategy, normally high leverage means higher risk, however, will also make more money some times.

koyl

Trader
May 25, 2015
It is only beneficial when you use leverage wisely. And when choosing a leverage you have to weigh your trading ability especially your trading experience if it can be able to withstand the risk involved with high leverage.

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
Using high leverage is not a problem for a trader who is good in money management. You can lose your account with low leverage if you are not using proper lot size according to your trading capital.

ambitionfx

Active Trader
Jul 1, 2015
In another word, we can say "do you prefer trading large volume?", using leverage = higher traded volume (fixed fund). I am not a scalper and I aim to get small profit but safer (money management).