Do you prefer high or low volatility?

Discussion in 'General Forex Discussion' started by Rambo35, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Alexfx79

Alexfx79 Active Trader

You seem to be very risky :D

2. FoxyFoxy

FoxyFoxy Newbie

Low volatility is quite nice. I like to when the price goes sideways and ranges. I just sell at highs and buy at lows. Nice tight stop loss and conservative profit target.

3. wisetrada

wisetrada Active Trader

I prefer low volatiility. Here there are not too much price movements and possible fakeouts.

4. Twin butterfly

Twin butterfly Active Trader

Scalping has so many needs for working with it. Spreads should low, leverage should be differ..Etc... Only scalper knows how he can manage his account with strategy.

5. FoxyFoxy

FoxyFoxy Newbie

I still like low volatility for scalping. Smaller stops and with only a little bit of price movement there is a very high probability that a small TP will be hit

6. Robian

Robian Active Trader

What do you mean low volatility? Isn't it better when market is volatile for scalpers?

7. Winjak

Winjak Active Trader

Too high isn't so good too... Just imagine how can you predict the price on a highly volatile market? It's difficult. So, moderate one is the best.

8. Robian

Robian Active Trader

I see, but i'm still interested if scalping is effective when the market has low volatility, as I thought that for short-term trades sharp movements of price are better

9. inggo

inggo Master Trader

well guess im more of an action guy on certain pairs, yet i would like to have steady movement on some of my swings, as long as they actually come with some profit on my lmfx account then its good.

10. jameswilliam

jameswilliam Trader

I think high volatility is more suitable for the traders in forex market. Traders in this market act upon the price moves. They buy low and sell high or sell high and buy low to earn the difference between the prices. Hence, high volatility leads to large gap in prices thereby making traders earn large profits.

11. Hello everyone. Good topic for discussion. And I see different opinions here. Increased risks should be considered when high volatility. I think that the high volatility - is mutually sharp thing. I prefer to trade at normal conditions on the majors. I rarely trade on the news.

12. darren greg

darren greg Trader

High volatility generates higher profit opportunities but it also carries high risk. With a proper risk management system it can bring profits to the traders.

13. Martin Gaptil

Martin Gaptil Trader

News trading is my favorite, that’s way keen volatile market is my 1st choice! But if you are a novice trader and don’t sure about technical and fundamental analysis, then would suggest you to use only non-volatile market! Try to involve here gradually, right now high voltage news sessions are not appropriate for you, know your strength first!

14. Robian

Robian Active Trader

Well... I find trading news too risky... though I 'm on forex for already nearly a year. And I understand technical analysis quite good. nevertheless, I prefer to keep my money safer and not get so risky profit... but earn more in medium term

15. ashouq

ashouq Active Trader

Forex market most of the times become crazy and unpredictable to trade and only those traders who are experienced in trading makes their way to generate profits. New traders like me most of the time ends up in negative balance.

16. jellyeb

jellyeb Active Trader

High volatility provides us with more opportunities to earn, because price fluctuations is what makes different between your entry and exit price and lead to profits or losses. Although heavy volatility may cause some confusions in its interpretation as markets are basically in a mess during that.

17. s.taylor

s.taylor Newbie

Agreed novice trader should be very careful while entering the forex market. Trading in low or high volatility totally depends upon the trading strategy of a particular trader. High volatility is suitable to you as you like news trading. But others must not jump in like this; they must consider that highly volatile market also involves high risks which should be managed before through proper risk management system.

18. renez

renez Trader

I prefer trading on currency pairs, and it's logical that for me it's easier to trade when there's active movement on forex, because I like longterm deals.

19. Robian

Robian Active Trader

I agree that majors are easier to predict, that's why I choose them either. and the news impact if nearly obvious

20. JuliaB

JuliaB Trader

Everything depends on the trading strategy you choose, and in some cases, high volatility may be even more favorable for trading than a low volatility. One should always keep in mind, though, that high volatility means high risks and increased possibility of losses in comparison with the normal conditions.