Do you like robot trading?

duxingxia

Trader
Jan 30, 2015
China
I like robot trading, it will liberate trader from computer, and also strictly follow trading strategy. But firstly we need to make sure our knowledge and programming are enough for robot trading, and need to keep pace with the times.

David M

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 20, 2015
I like ea trading or robot trading as you refer it to. I have a steady combination of using both manual and automated trading. I think it offers advantages, it trades at all times something that you are unable to do if you are trading manually.

bablogfx

Confirmed HotForex Representative
Oct 24, 2013
I like ea trading or robot trading as you refer it to. I have a steady combination of using both manual and automated trading. I think it offers advantages, it trades at all times something that you are unable to do if you are trading manually.

What kind of EA's do you use David? Anything from news trading?

fxapex

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2013
I like robot trading, it will liberate trader from computer, and also strictly follow trading strategy. But firstly we need to make sure our knowledge and programming are enough for robot trading, and need to keep pace with the times.

It requires fine tuning and you should be a good trader to tune robots, so you could that time to trade, use your skills and dont depend on Robots.

markiva

Confirmed ProfiForex Representative
May 9, 2015
I tried using robot but was not comfortable with the result. I find manual trading to be the best since i have to participate and do the trading myself. With manual trading i make the decision myself and feel the fun in trading forex.

David M

Confirmed IronFX Representative
Apr 20, 2015
What kind of EA's do you use David? Anything from news trading?

I use lots of different types of ea's. I have been trading for 2 years now but im still testing things. I have created an ea by myself. It works with moving average crossovers as well as bollinger bands and the zig zag indicator. Lately I am using a mirror ea together with a reverse martingale strategy. These are used for the mirror account I hold with Ironfx.

chief

Confirmed Tickmill Representative
Oct 27, 2014
yeah I do love to work with automatic system, dont ask me about any commercial EA because I'm no fan any of them. I always works with my own trading strategies, or with any open source one. understanding the whole trading system is a must, because any ea always built from manual trading method.
here's my latest tested EA, a basket trading, works with 28 pair, order expiry along with session close which I already set.
eurusd-h1-tickmill-ltd.png

since these ea put many entries, cut the fee by using low spread broker company are best option to had. and I already put tickmill account run with my VPS server, will keep updated of daily result. when I already got the best setup, will surely put own thread so share these trading system.

Jesse.muller

Trader
Mar 26, 2015
yeah I do love to work with automatic system, dont ask me about any commercial EA because I'm no fan any of them. I always works with my own trading strategies, or with any open source one. understanding the whole trading system is a must, because any ea always built from manual trading method.
here's my latest tested EA, a basket trading, works with 28 pair, order expiry along with session close which I already set.
eurusd-h1-tickmill-ltd.png

since these ea put many entries, cut the fee by using low spread broker company are best option to had. and I already put tickmill account run with my VPS server, will keep updated of daily result. when I already got the best setup, will surely put own thread so share these trading system.

Looks interesting, could you elaborate this a bit more?
Does it bring you nice profits?

fx4ever

Active Trader
Mar 22, 2013
I am fan of EA. Even I am fan of commercial EAs. I have tried free EAs not that good. I have found automated trading is a good field to diversify ur risk of investment if u can choose the good EAs.

I don't like EAs make 100% per months or weeks. I am fine to have 20% per year but dd should be low. Moderate risk Moderate gain.

eagle

Trader
May 21, 2015
EA's or automated trading strategies are just a deviation from hard work. Only those that try to get rich quick use such short cuts. The real traders don't bother wasting their time on such crap things.

chief

Oct 27, 2014
Looks interesting, could you elaborate this a bit more?
Does it bring you nice profits?

for a moment I'm in the middle of tuning these EA and try to figure out best setting. here's trading result :
pg5RplB.png

in short it put an entry based on candle direction, MA, RSI, CCI, strength meter, and heat map. all these trigger management are adjustable as input. we can freely actively use it or not, or put own setting upon MA RSI or CCI indicator.
perhaps I should put new thread on it, see if there's anyone interested.

ProFXManager

Active Trader
Jun 7, 2015
Germany
Sure, I like it, others do my hard work while sitting on the beach and drinking margaritas :)

Steve Lock

Master Trader
Feb 28, 2015
for a moment I'm in the middle of tuning these EA and try to figure out best setting. here's trading result :
pg5RplB.png

in short it put an entry based on candle direction, MA, RSI, CCI, strength meter, and heat map. all these trigger management are adjustable as input. we can freely actively use it or not, or put own setting upon MA RSI or CCI indicator.
perhaps I should put new thread on it, see if there's anyone interested.

This EA is from Tickmill? Is it for free?

olivine

Trader
May 21, 2015
I don't like trading with robot because good robots are costly and we are not certain they will perform good for long time. It is better to go for autotrade that many brokers are providing and we have many options to choose there.

fx4ever

Active Trader
Mar 22, 2013
I am a fan of Automated trading. To me automated trading is like Engineering job. Instruct technicians under you and take rest. Technicians are work horse and will implement your instructions properly. So u just use ur brain and u don't need to be work horse.

Same in automated trading if u can establish a robot for u that robot will do your job. SO it is better to keep knowledge in mql4 languages and establish your own robot.

chief

Oct 27, 2014
This EA is from Tickmill? Is it for free?

no these ea are from FF, and still regularly developed. I would like to discuss and works together to found best setting. the author are also share the mql file. as we all know our admin are solid coder so it would be great if he willing to spare his time to contribute.
and off course these one are free, but please keep the author copyright. and since these ea are basket type, often put numerous orders (depend on setting), I think using ECN account such Tickmill are best option, since ECN offers low spread which mean low transaction cost for rapid entry trade such basket trading.
View attachment Dashboard - Ultimate.mq4