DANGER!!! MALICIOUS SOFTWARE ON MT4

Snowden

May 8, 2017
Hello everyone! I am writing to notify you that there is currently malicious software for MT4 that enters the system from the download of infected EAs and tools, how is this possible? I do not know for sure, but two of my colleagues and close associates lost money from their accounts, not in part, but in full. Apparently the EA is of Russian origin and is marketing its contaminated AEs to different platforms without being detected the fault.
I know of some software that allow to have the account protected against problems or alterations in the system, but I'm not sure if they protect from viruses like this.
Please be alert with what your systems download.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
That's possible if EA or an indicator is allowed to import DLLs by the user. That's why I always caution traders against using MT4/MT5 programs that require the use of DLLs, especially if they are supplied by unknown developers.

• 👍
Reactions: Snowden

Snowden

May 8, 2017
That's possible if EA or an indicator is allowed to import DLLs by the user. That's why I always caution traders against using MT4/MT5 programs that require the use of DLLs, especially if they are supplied by unknown developers.

Hi! I was reading a bit about that. In 2010 MT4 collapsed because of several malicious software that had been extended to several download EAs, right now there are many cases again. Many traders choose MT4 and MT5 as their platforms because they are very popular in the Forex world. What other platform do you suggest using? I know cTrader and in particular I like it. Ninjatrader is not my preference, in fact there are also hack cases for Ninjatrader.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
I suggest MT4 and MT5. You just need to adhere to best practices concerning security as with any other software. If you want some other platform, cTrader is really great. Also, TradingView if you like web-based interface.

• 👍
Reactions: Snowden

Vijesh

May 10, 2017
Hi! What antivirus programs can you recommend for these platforms? I have read too much about this virus and I want to make sure that my accounts and my PC are as safe as possible.

Robian

Active Trader
Sep 22, 2016
Jakarta
I read similar stories... so I prefer not using eas in order to avoid viruses and different suspicious software

ashouq

Active Trader
Feb 21, 2017
Yes i guess you are right because these EAs are hard to trust if anyone lacks the programing skills.

Ary Barroso

Active Trader
Jul 9, 2017

Very logical point; by the way, I am not using any 3rd party in my live trading account even, I didn’t need any additional support since I trade manually.