COT report

lucacrebbe

Active Trader
Jun 26, 2017
Hello I was looking for a website in which I could find a COT report of what option's traders are doing, and I have tought that it could be some kind of indicator for the upcoming week

The COT is every friday as I know, if someone would know that there has been a prevalent short sentment during the first day of the week, how could I use this as an indication for the next week?

How the option market influence both forex and Stock Market? And is there any kind of report for OTC trading stocks? I mean the volume of OTC traded stocks.

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
The COT is every friday as I know, if someone would know that there has been a prevalent short sentment during the first day of the week, how could I use this as an indication for the next week?

You use the options COT data the same way you would use futures COT data. The consensus is that 'smart money' positions indicate the long-term trend. The good thing about options is that you could derive some interesting information also from their pricing.

How the option market influence both forex and Stock Market? And is there any kind of report for OTC trading stocks? I mean the volume of OTC traded stocks.
No, OTC is OTC - it is not reported.

lucacrebbe

Active Trader
Jun 26, 2017
You use the options COT data the same way you would use futures COT data. The consensus is that 'smart money' positions indicate the long-term trend. The good thing about options is that you could derive some interesting information also from their pricing.

How do you recognize the smart money inside the COT report?

About options, you could check the stike price where the most of the money is it expected too exit or to enter? So you could derivate an idea of what is going to move the price in the next week?
Option and Futures do they move the market the same as the normal buying / selling activity (outside Option and futures), or they have less power compared to the normal buying / selling activity (not option market)?

Enivid

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 30, 2008
Odesa
www.earnforex.com
How do you recognize the smart money inside the COT report?
You can read about using the COT in our lesson about this report:
https://www.earnforex.com/forex-course/the-commitment-of-traders-report/

About options, you could check the stike price where the most of the money is it expected too exit or to enter? So you could derivate an idea of what is going to move the price in the next week?
You can check how the options are valued depending on the strike price and expiry.

Option and Futures do they move the market the same as the normal buying / selling activity (outside Option and futures), or they have less power compared to the normal buying / selling activity (not option market)?
In currencies, no, options and futures do not move the spot market rates.